P-38 - The Ultimate EPO Lightning

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eagle A3 Pro Stabilizer and torque roll on hand launching the speed demons.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle A3 Pro Stabilizer and torque roll on hand launching the speed demons.

Anyone have experience with the Eagle stabilizer sold by MotionRC and prevention of torque roll on hand launching Motion's Rochobby high speed Swift or their Moray.
    It seems that the stabilizer would help here.
    Has anyone from MotionRC tried this?
    Thanks

Re: Eagle A3 Pro Stabilizer and torque roll on hand launching the speed demons.

Bill,
    The A3 Super (compared to the A3 Pro SE) would do a better job to keep your plane level during takeoff and flight because of the included accelerometer. Space will be a slight concern, however, because both the swift and the moray have a small electronics compartment. I have both these planes and have never had an issue with torque roll on my swift, but the moray will definitely roll very easy because of its extreme power and smaller wings. For both the Moray and the Swift I would try launching the plane with less throttle; try 60%-70% and move up as needed. With the Moray I definitely recommend launching it at about a 70-80 degree angle upward like a rocket (see our video on the product page), this will allow perfect hand launches each time. The Moray is very powerful and has a very sharp propeller, so be sure to lauch it away from your body when performing a near vertical hand launch. Hope this info helps.

Mark

Comment

Working...
    X