X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion A3 6 Axis gyro

Just installed the A3 6 Axis gyro, have 3 other so am familiar with hookup. Problem is when performing the gyro test, when I raise the nose of the acft the rudder corrects, when I do the yaw test the elevator moves, roll axis is okay. Wiring is plugged in correctly (positive). Sent a ticket request to Motion, but just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Are the TX stick responses correct? (IE, rudder moves rudder; ELE moves elevator?) You may be "positive" but I'd still go over it and trace ALL wires. The ways this could happen is if the rudder is connected to the AIL and the AIL is connected to the RUDD. The other way is that the unit has not been told the correct mounting orientation (right side up, upside down, on edge, backwards, etc). Go in an check. Don't assume it comes out of the box ready to be mounted in the "usual" orientation. Also remember that there are 2 places to look for the wiring connections. The first is from the RX to the A3, the second from the A3 to the servos. There's an "IN" and an "OUT" for the connections.

Comment

Yes, did all that, I have 3 others, they all work correct. Even tried crossing the elev and rud to see if that would correct the problem, it changed the sticks also, elev stick was rudder, etc. Went thru it at least 5 or 6 times to insure everything was correct before sending it in. Have it set to "upright orientation. Even took it back out of the plane and set it on the table, also tried rebinding trans, also tried another acft receiver.

Comment

Only other thing I can think of .......................... Are you using one of the new Spektrum RXs with built-in stabilizers? Like an AR636A or similar? I did something like this once and the 2 stabilizers interfered with each other and the control surface movements were all weird.
        Oh, and plugs pointing out the "back"?

Comment

Actually that's what I took out, didn't have enough channels, using a specktrum 8

Comment

Yes, gyro facing correct position, wires out to rear, just like the other ones I have that work.

Comment

Sent back to Motion today, will post their finding when it get back

Comment

Originally posted by joel geist View Post
                Actually that's what I took out, didn't have enough channels, using a specktrum 8
                So, it still doesn't work? Which Spektrum 8? Is it one of the newer ones that have a built-in stabilizer in it? I've used old AR8000 with the HobbyEagle and it works. The newer ones have stabs in them. Stabilizer circuitry don't like to work in tandem, even if the gains are set to zero.

Comment

The old specktrum 8, no stabilizer. I ordered a new gyro today from Motion, will see what it does

Comment

The old specktrum 8, no stabilizer. I ordered a new gyro today from Motion, will see what it does
                    Gothcha! Good luck with the replacement.

Comment

Got response from Motion today, they tested the unit and will send me a new one, evidently it did not work for them either, didn't go into detail about what was wrong with it.

Comment

Got response from Motion today, they tested the unit and will send me a new one, evidently it did not work for them either, didn't go into detail about what was wrong with it.
                        Good to hear they'll give you a new one. I guess it's a mass produced product that can have irregularities.

Comment

Working...
                        X