X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrRCsound and Flyzone Beaver install?

I just got the Flyzone Beaver and the MrRCsound setup and was wondering if anyone has installed that into their Beaver's? Looks like I'm going to have to cut some access panels into the fuse as there is NO place readily accessible for all that sound gear. Any ideas from anyone who has done this? I don't want to start cutting up my new plane yet!
    Addicted to planes!

Re: MrRCsound and Flyzone Beaver install?

Greetings,

Although I have not installed this sound system in a Beaver, I have installed it in my 1400mm T-28.
    It is amazing how much it adds to the realism of the flight. Synching the throttle with the sound card can be a tricky process so be patient and it will all come together. There are a few videos out there on the web of others who have installed this unit and the walk through are pretty decent.

Best of luck

Bill L.
    in Okla.

Comment

Hi I have a Beaver also and was looking at the possibility of the Mr. RC sound system as well. If you remove the wings temporarily and internal struts you should be able to reach up behind the flap servo and install one speaker on the roof of the fuselage inside. Then using a long set of wires from the speaker you could stuff the circuit board to the right side of the battery compartment(with the plane upside down,opposite the ESC) in that little pocket. You may have to remove some foam to do that.
      This is the plan I came up with anyway. Have a look at the idea and see if it works for you. I haven't done it to my own plane yet, however I've been experimenting with the sound unit just to see what it will do. One thing I did find is that hot glue works the best to secure the speaker to the foam fuselage. The 3M stuff doesn't work for long.
      Don't forget there is a video on the MotionRC website with the sound system in the Beaver, so some one has done this successfully. The info must be out there somewhere.
      Cheers! Bluebird

Comment

Well, I actually did get my sound system installed into the Beaver. I came up with cutting an access panel in the bottom of the fuse right behind the front seats. I removed the rear seats after taking the new "cover" off. The panel is a bit bigger than the sound board. I now installed one speaker right up on the ceiling of the plane and the 2nd one on one side under a rear window. Had to remove a bit of foam to make a flat surface. I used 6 minute epoxy to secure the speakers. The main board I velcroed to the inside of the access panel so I could actually remove it for another plane if I wanted to. I made an extension to the power cable so it could make it to the battery bay up front. The access panel won't fall into the plane body because I mounted a couple of popsicle sticks on the inside edges that the panel rests on when you put it back in. I had a couple of plastic fasteners that hold mirrors into the frame and used them to secure the panel to the fuse. I painted everything up where I chipped the black paint and it looks great. So now if you remove the access panel, the sound board comes down with it and you can make your adjustments (volume/plane type) and pop it right back up into the body. So far so good. Made my maiden a week ago and I need to do some CG adjustments, other than that, it landed in one piece and sounded GREAT.
        Addicted to planes!

Comment

Well congrats on what sounds like a slick installation. I appreciate the detail you provided.
          Bought the sound system for a FW 190 1400mm but am considering putting at least one speaker into the Beaver.
          The FW is still being put together so no results yet. Don't like to rush these things.
          Have fun, retiredflyer Regards, Bluebird

Comment

Howdy Rocketeer! Hope all is well in OK.

I too installed the MrRc sound system in my FMS T28. However, I cannot, for the life of me, get the speakers to stick onto the foam. I've used CA, like his video showed. And I've used double-sided sticky tape.

The sound vibration keeps shaking it loose.

How does yours perform, and what did you end up using?

Thanks

Comment

Greetings Sky Wolf,

OK is peaceful but in desperate need of rain.
              Seems to rain every where in the state but where I live.

Well, from the beginning I knew that I would be, at some point, moving the sound system to other planes so, I installed my speaker by hot-glueing small pieces of velcro to hold the speaker securely but not permanently.

I only installed one speaker and it fits perfectly just above the nose gear well. A velcro piece on each corner does the trick (for me). I'm not a real agressive pilot.

I dooo like the way it sounds though!!!!!

Bill L.
              in Okla.

Comment

Hi Sky Wolf,
                Like I had said in my install dissertation, I opted for 6 minute epoxy around the speaker rims and that worked fine for adherence. I don't plan on removing the speakers, just the master sound board (which is velcroed).
                Addicted to planes!

Comment

RE: MrRCsound and Flyzone Beaver install?

rocketeer did u lay your speaker down in the nose? i,m getting ready to put mine in and i thought about doing that but i have a gyro in too.so i guess i will put 1 on each side just in front of battery going to have to cut alittle foam off of canopy on the sides of it. they show you have to cut that foam block out to get cg but i need that for gyro so will add weight,s to nose or tail which ever way i need to go after i get sound system installed.

Comment

Thanks Bill! I'll give that a shot to see how it works. Thanks for the reply. So sorry it took so long to reply. I was having a problem getting logged into this new forum. Just got it all set up.

Comment

Greetings Guys,

Stich,
                      Yes sir, I mounted the speaker face down in the nose wheel well.
                      I feel that the cavity for the nose gear gives the speaker a deeper resonance and a 'meatier sound.
                      There really isn't a great deal of difference with the gear up or down.

Sky Wolf,
                      The velcro works for me as mentioned.
                      It allows for transferring the system and the fuzzy velcro provides a small amount of absorption relief from vibration.

Best of luck.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
                      in Okla.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketeer
                        Greetings Guys,

Stich,
                        Yes sir, I mounted the speaker face down in the nose wheel well.
                        I feel that the cavity for the nose gear gives the speaker a deeper resonance and a 'meatier sound.
                        There really isn't a great deal of difference with the gear up or down.

Sky Wolf,
                        The velcro works for me as mentioned.
                        It allows for transferring the system and the fuzzy velcro provides a small amount of absorption relief from vibration.

Best of luck.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
                        in Okla.
                        [hr]
                        Thanks Rocketeer! I'll give that spot a shot.

Comment

Greetings Sky Wolf,

Cool.

I'll be interested to see how it works for you.

Bill L.
                          in Okla.

Comment

ok i got it in my t-28 loud lol! put one speaker on the right in front if u are standing behind it.put a bass speaker on left side use that glue zap goo works great i used it and if speaker ever comes off it will have foam stuck to it haha! working on setting up cg have to add weight to back now after sound system install oh by the way make sure u get a 10 amp ubc motion has a nice one.9 servo,s sound system light,s gryo 5 amps just don,t sound like it will work lol! after all that work getting everything in and out of the way plus cost of plane it is a great idea to install a 10 amp ubc in this plane.hate to crash or better yet watch as it fly,s off into the sunset and u can,t stop it haa! had that happen before oh i found it in a pine tree hadv to cut tree down after a long while waiting on it to blow out haha!

Comment

Working...
                            X