You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absolute Best Wire Connectors for Lipo, NiMH. Soldering wire together! Period.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolute Best Wire Connectors for Lipo, NiMH. Soldering wire together! Period.

These little connectors are the connection of the future. All you do is heat, watch it solder the two wires together. Also, makes them water-tight! Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0820.JPG
Views:	531
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	301387

It's hard to tell what it is just based on the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
      It's hard to tell what it is just based on the photo.
      You insert the wire into the correct size connector in the photo. Then, you heat them, with a mini torch. The solder in the center of the connector melts. It then shrinks to seal each side of the connection around the wire. Hope this makes sense. Instead of using a Crimpt connector that can attach two wires back together. It's an easy solder connector to attach two wires back together. You insert the wire into each side of the connector. Then just apply heat. It will make a solid electrical wire connection. Just like soldering two wires together. Then you have to have a heat shrink to cover the connection.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, yes I understand the concept, where did you get them?

Comment

Just google solder wire connector and you'll get all kinds of sources like Amazon etcetera
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Just google solder wire connector and you'll get all kinds of sources like Amazon etcetera
            Correct-a mondo! I guess I should have mentioned that. They work as advertised. OV10 knows all this, a true RC Guru! Thanks, OV10!

Comment

Yes, amazon.com. Dang, I was going to say that only Government workers can get them and, they are super expensive..."Then, tell you I was joking! 😂😂😂 OV10 ruined my Goofy opportunity.

Comment

Working...
              X