X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynam Retracts

Has it been discussed with Dynam about adding retracts to the C-47 ?

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

my Dynam Retracts have given me nothing but a head ake. Got a 2ed set and installed then with same result. They work about 10% of the time. (HELP)

Comment

Retracts that look scale would be difficult. They appear to have chosen the more scale looks over the functional retract engineering problem. (which is solvable but would be expensive because of having to design special retract actuation for just one ARF)
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by alrichman View Post
        my Dynam Retracts have given me nothing but a head ake. Got a 2ed set and installed then with same result. They work about 10% of the time. (HELP)

I gave up on Dynam retracts. I replace them with the Freewing type A 4.1mm retract. They bolt right in and you can use the original strut and wheel assembly. For rotating retracts like in the corsair, I use the ones from the FMS 1400mm corsair. The retracts will bolt right in, but you need to come up with a strut that will work. If you get the strut assemble from the FMS corsair, you will need to extend it. I used a small nut...

Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	40573

Jeff

Comment

Will that work on the f6f hellcat also.
          Dewey l

Comment

Hi Dewey, I assume the retract would bolt right in since Dynam would use the same bolt pattern on the Hellcat as the Corsair. It would just be a matter of the length of the strut. Not sure if you would have to extend it or not.

Jeff

Comment

As for the Dynam C-47, I suppose it can be done although to make them "scale" functioning, one would have to do a little "home alterations". One can learn a few lessons from the HobbyKing C-47. Those retracts were simple "swing down and up" types. For the size of the plane, the wire struts were very weak and bent easily on an average landing. The cosmetic plastic suspension easily broke off when the strut bent too much. Aside from several other deficiencies on that plane, the retracts were one of the most annoying features of the plane.
              I guess one could auger out enough foam on the Dynam C-47 and install a set but accommodating those big tires will be troublesome and Dynam retracts are not known to be robust. They too, bend easily and have been known to strip by just looking at them. As nice as it would be to have retracts on the Dynam, I'm going to leave it alone and just enjoy it wheels down. I hate to change "enjoyment" into "resentment" on such a beautiful airplane.

Comment

Working...
              X