You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would motion consider adding sonic models?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would motion consider adding sonic models?

I think it would be awesome to have good purpose built fpv platforms to choose from. And sonic makes some of the best around. Especially for race wings. :)

They also make the big 1875mm B-17 for Hobbyking. Would love to see that carried by motion!

Comment

And the PT-17 for HK ..............Per Sonic Modell website....looks like they are moving away from these warbird models to the FPV platforms.
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yes! Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
          They also make the big 1875mm B-17 for Hobbyking. Would love to see that carried by motion!
          YES!!! So would I. I want one so badly!

Comment

...and the L-4 Grasshopper!
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
              ...and the L-4 Grasshopper!
              Must be the blue one..........my green 1400 one from HK was from Starmax.
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Me thinks we have a strong case here. :)

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Must be the blue one..........my green 1400 one from HK was from Starmax.
                  Same thing just different ;)
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Same thing just different ;)
                    Are you saying Starmax and Sonic are one in the same ?? :Confused:
                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                      This would be fantastic! I would order one of each - green and silver.

I think HK has stepped on their own D***s. I see that HSDgo now carries the HK C-47. It even comes in a HobbyKing box.

So, my Motion friends, maybe you can at least look into carrying these B-17s!

Bob

Comment

No they are not the same. In fact, Sonic changed it's name to Jindian. HK is out if the B-17 game from what I can tell. They did a special run with Jindian and changed the panel lines on the mold. Jindian will sell the new version in the future, but currently are trying to get rid of the V1 before molding again.They own the mold, not HK.
                        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Ah, interesting

Comment

Just saying that all these companies like HSD, Sonic, Starmax and Blitzworks are know for having an "almost" great plane then discontinuing it and it would be great if FL/FW would purchase these popular airframe molds and do them right. Just imagine what the LX (Blitzworks) B-25, Sonic B-17 and HSD A-1 Skyraider would be like with an Alpha "Make over".
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

That would be great and would happily consume more of my dollars.

Comment

Just saying that all these companies like HSD, Sonic, Starmax and Blitzworks are know for having an "almost" great plane then discontinuing it and it would be great if FL/FW would purchase these popular airframe molds and do them right. Just imagine what the LX (Blitzworks) B-25, Sonic B-17 and HSD A-1 Skyraider would be like with an Alpha "Make over".
                                Emphatically concur.......I think we had that discussion at your place when looking over the Sandy you snagged at eWEEK and came to that mindset. ;)
                                Warbird Charlie

Comment

I'm with ya TI on the LX B-25.
                                  AMA 424553

Comment

I still want my fpv models

Comment

Working...
                                    X