X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy Rank for Members

I don't know who's idea it was to assign Navy Rank to forum members but no offense to whom ever but I'm a retired Air Force Chief Master Sergeant and never aspired to be a Navy officer.Thanks for the promotion though, but I like my rank. 

ROY B.

RE: Navy Rank for Members

Greetings Boomer108,

I suppose someone thought it was a good idea to assign ranks to forum members.
    Personally, while a cute concept, I don't like it.

I understand how it might be weird for you.
    It's all in the game I guess.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
    in Okla.

Comment

You can actually change the verbage above the icon in your user CP, look at mine. But the collar bars have to go, was never an officer and was very respected by all the O's in my squadron at my petty officer grade.
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I suppose it's all in fun. I'm just a proud retired vet sounding off. Thanks Rocketeer.

Good flying!
           Roy B.
        [hr]
        Originally posted by OV10
        You can actually change the verbage above the icon in your user CP, look at mine. But the collar bars have to go, was never an officer and was very respected by all the O's in my squadron at my petty officer grade.
        Thanks OV10 I'll change the verbiage. Enlisted guys rock!

Good Flying!

Roy B.

Comment

Greetings Gang,

Perhaps it's just my "work" computer but, it appears the bars and insignias' are gone and we're back to stars (again, I still don't understand their purpose and would trade mine in a heart-beat for a fresh cup of coffee).

Bill L.
          in Okla.

Comment

Hello Bill,
            It's not your work PC.
            Gotta be some administrator has heard us with regards to designating civilians and NCO/enlisted vets with officer insignia's, just wasn't right.
            I agree with ya on not understanding the purpose of these stars too. Am guessing it is a count range on the number of posts a user has. Dump the stars and give us back the ability to insert pics like the old forum allowed and then this new format would kick butt.
            Charlie
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Greetings OV10,

Now you're talking buddy!!!!

Thanks also for the tip on getting rid of the rank verbage and getting something sensible in there.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
              in Okla.

Comment

We are always open to suggestions for ranks...Most folks that we have come across over the years who are part of a forum community enjoy ranks. The Navy-related ranking system was not meant as an insult to those of you who serve or served in other armed forces. We are always open to feedback!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Greetings Aros,

Hey, all in all you guys have done an awesome job on the new site.
                  We also appreciate your willingness to be open minded (hopefully) to suggestion.

If you've been following along, then you're already aware that some of us would like to see a few of the old features from the previous forum brought forward to the current version. Namely, mambers having the capability to insert photos/images directly into their posts, not attachment links. Also, being able to link directly back to the MRC main web site with having to initiate multiple "back" commands or opening a new browser window.

For the ranking system, I think most view it as a non-entity and that we didn't have one before and really don't need one now as it serves no function to the forum.
                  I'm not sure who you surveyed for you data but, it wasn't us. Perhaps it should have been.

And what is the "warning level 0%" thing all about??? A little help????

Looking forward to things to come.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
                  in Okla.

Comment

Hi Bill -

We can certainly bring in the functionality of embedded images in the body of a post but we need to consider size restrictions. I used to run a forum community for over 10 years and when we allowed images to be embedded without size restrictions, it would get out of hand pretty quickly and upset fellow members especially those on smaller resolution screens. If we do decide to allow embedded images, it will likely be at a restrained size that you can click on for full size. So in other words, not unlike an attachment, lol.

Several forum communities use ranks. It's not meant to be elitist, it's just a fun way to reward those who have X amount of posts. It's quite common actually, but if this community prefers not have a ranking system, we can certainly take that in to consideration as well. We do value those of you like yourself who has invested the most time with our original forum and we want to take your comments into careful consideration, always.

The warning system is a log that shows if a member has had X amount of warnings. I'm not clear as of this point why it's a default in the new platform.

There is no back button to Motion RC because this is a stand alone website. We may have a presence here obviously, but we really want this to become an open RC community, not only for Motion RC customers. Since Motion RC links to this forum (opens a new tab) you should always still have a Motion RC tab open in your browser as well. Usually directly to the left of this forum tab.

Hope that helps!
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Greetings Aros,

First off, my appologies if my post gave the impression that I was representing my self as 'the voice of the people'. That was niether my intention nor my place.
                      Just some, mostly personal thoughts.

The majority of your post I had already assumed, so we're good there.

However, and this is really for my personal edification, I'm still a bit fuzzy on the warning level thing.
                      What types of warnings are you meaning? I'm mostly curious because it appears that I only see it on my posts.
                      Perhaps, we only see our own. Interesting.

Anyway, thanks for the helpful explanations thus far. It's all good.

Bill L.
                      in Okla.

Comment

yep, and that coming from a 5 Star General!!
                        Har Har!!

Sorry Bill, couldn't resist!!
                        Would be nice to post directly again, made it so easy to explain things

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                        X