X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESC Programming Card

I'm looking at upgrading my ESC. I see there is a Programming Card you can purchase for this ESC. Anyone have any experience with a programming card? Is it something I'd wish I had if I don't get it??

Thanks,
    Lon

I'm looking at getting the ZTW LED ESC Programming Card for when I get the ZTW Mantis 85A ESC with 5A SBEC.
    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

RE: ESC Programming Card

Greetings Lon,

I have seen videos of some of the ESC programming cards being used but I've never used one.

I suppose I'm old fashioned but I just use the Beep Codes.

If you go that route, I hope you'll share some pros and cons on that method.

Good Luck,

Bill L.
    in OKla.

Comment

I'm thinking...$9, what the heck, why not try it. Won't be the first or last time I squander some money.
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Greetings Lon,

I totally understand.

Bill L.
        in Okla.

Comment

I have the Dynam card & it works great with either the Dynam ESC's or the Turnigy ESC's I use. I haven't tried it on the E-Flight ESC's. Very easy to use.

Denny

http://www.hobbypartz.com/dyescprca.html
          *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
          *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Lon, my two cents worth on ESC cards....
            Primarily because there's so little apparent cross-compatibility, meaning roughly one card (or more!) for any given brand of ESC - long story short I've found it just easier to program via my Tx than to keep track of where the heck I put the dang card.

But the clincher is, ESCs while settable, are something you 'set & forget' 99.9% of the time anyway so, use the instructions/function table when you're first setting up that particular plane, & then you know why you can't remember where you put the dang card - cuz you don't ever use the dang things!

'Course, it's your money to blow! :)

Comment

Working...
            X