X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unplug battery with ease

have you ever been at the field, trying to unplug your Li-Po one handed while holding your plane with the other. On a windy day it can be rough sometimes, there is an easy fix. Use a pair of snap ring pliars like pictured below, these are small, fit in field box easy. I like the ones with the curved tip. Got this set of 4 at H. F. for 5 bucks
    Attached Files

Re: unplug battery with ease

Um, not sure what I'm missing here but how are you supposed to use the pliers to unplug the battery? Do you drill holes in the connectors... or?

Comment

I would also be very wary to inadvertently create a connection between the positive and negative terminals of the battery, which would lead to a sudden and dangerous spark of energy.

Comment

I have used this method of unplugging the batteries and it works well for me.

Comment

On some connectors (eg XT60's) it's safer to drill a small hole in each housing half to engage the 'tip' of the snap ring pliers.
          There's an old video on U-Toob showing how a kid employed this method -- made his own tool using a clothespin with a couple epoxied-on small nail tips. Neat li'l trick.

Comment

Working...
          X