X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaperons

After a little research, I have setup flaperons on 2 of my planes, using my DX6i. It's very simple and gives you flaps without mods and extra servos. First, remove the Y harness. Then, plug R AIL into rec. AIL. Then plug L AIL into rec. AUX (requires  a 6 ch rec.). In your DX6i go to SETUP. Then WING TAIL MIX. Activate DUALAIL. Go to ADJ LIST. Then FLAPS. On LANDING, arrow down, go to 50%, or how much flap deflection you prefere. If your flaps go up, simply reverse your aileron plugs. It' so cool, easy, and really works. Warning! Don't put in more than 80% flaps. More could over drive your servos with aileron input. The Doctor

RE: Flaperons

I have a DX8 and use the set up you mention to set up spoilers.  This really helps with landings on the descent.  The spoilers go up just a bit on the descent and on landing. I give full up, which acts like air-brakes.  I use this set-up on my Yak 54, Sbach, Splender and other tail-daggers.  You will be amazed at the difference this set-up makes.  Go into the flaps menu and set he values to negative (-).  For the descent or approach, just a little deflection will do.  For air-brakes, full up works great to really slow the plane down.  Apply full up when the plane touches down, and then release to neutral. 

Comment

Pheonix, I'm considering a DX8. How do you like yours? Does it come with the model memory card? I can't find the card offered anywhere that the DX8 is offered. At the rate I'm going, I'll need more model memory than 30! Where is the card sold? The Doctor

Comment

Hello Doctormike,

The card does come with the DX8. I have a DX8 as well and really like it. If you are concerned about model memory, you might want to look at the new DX6 or DX9 if you need more channels. Both come standard with 250 model memory, and have other capabilities that the DX8 does not have. However, the DX8 is a fine radio, and has served me well for a couple of years now.

BTW-the cards are a standard SD type card, available at any computer/electronics store.

Loneflier

Comment

WOW! Thanks, Loneflier. I never would have checked this radio out. I just assumed the DX8 would be the best step up from the DX6i. The DX6 sounds like the best deal. I didn't notice, does it have 3 position flaps? This is one of my requirements for a new radio. The Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike
            WOW! Thanks, Loneflier. I never would have checked this radio out. I just assumed the DX8 would be the best step up from the DX6i. The DX6 sounds like the best deal. I didn't notice, does it have 3 position flaps? This is one of my requirements for a new radio. The Doctor
            Yes, the DX6 does have 3 three position switches, as well as 4 two position switches.

Comment

I went to program flaperons into my Eflite Pulse 15e with AS3X and found the aeleron on the auxiliary channel no longer worked with the gyros. Keep that in mind if it’s important.

Comment

I have a freewing f=16 was wondering how to program flaperons with a spektrum dx 9

Comment

Originally posted by scottp51 View Post
                  I have a freewing f=16 was wondering how to program flaperons with a spektrum dx 9
                  I have this plane (70mm version) and have flaperons programmed on my DX8G2. The procedure should be similar for DX9. "Wing type" must be flaperon/normal. Right Ail goes into Ail. Left Ail goes into Aux1 (flap). You may have to experiment with yours in that you may need to swap these and do some servo reversing. Just keep going till the ailerons react the proper way. This opens up the "flap system" where you can program in whatever it takes to level out the ailerons at position 0 for normal flight, position 1 for 1/2 flaps, position 2 for full flaps. CAUTION: Don't dial in too much flap for the given "rate" of AIL or you could overdrive the servos. IE, make sure you've got enough servo travel left when you call for flaps. Full flaps will require less travel (rate) for AIL. I use switch D (flaps) and a deployment time of 3 seconds - I don't use ELE compensation with such a slow deployment. More caution should be used when going to full flaps. Don't go full flaps till you've completed the last turn for final. Once headed straight for the runway, THEN go full flaps. Banking with full flaps has reduced throws for AIL.

Comment

Originally posted by Middsmx View Post
                    I went to program flaperons into my Eflite Pulse 15e with AS3X and found the aeleron on the auxiliary channel no longer worked with the gyros. Keep that in mind if it’s important.
                    I have discovered that there are few stabilizers that will work fully with flaperons. I recently converted my FlexJet to flaperons using a non-stabilized Lemon Rx. I could have fiddled with the Aura 8 that came with the jet but it's technology that I'm still trying to figure out so I didn't bother with it for now. What I'd like to know is ............................... Is there some sort of stabilizer or stabilized Rx that will work fully with flaperons? The Lemon Plus states that once you activate flaps with "flaperons", the gyro can't be used. Oh, and it cost an arm and a leg. The Aura 8 is over $100.00. I would prefer something in the price range of HobbyEagle. I'm not sure, but I think the HobbyEagle Pro "might" stabilize in flaperon mode but again, the price is getting up there.

Comment

Working...
                    X