X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to locate Foam board

Pilots - I built a Glue and Go jet from HK...Foam was excellent...Where can I get some foe repairs or re-bitld? THANKS

If you're talking about sheets of foam sandwiched between 2 paper layers, you can get this stuff from Michael's craft shop or from a dollar store. The dollar store is the cheapest.
    BTW, it's only excellent till the first time you land on wet grass, then see what happens to the paper. Seal the edges and much less problem.

Comment

Thanks xviper fot the info, and - Michael's is a good tip. but this stuff from HK is very strong and extremely pliable...you can almost bend it 45* without problem..not brittle at all...and the covering is a graphic printed and seems to be thin bonded plastic...haven't seen any other sheets like it previously.
      Thanks

Comment

I have the Arctic Cat and HobbyKing's foamboard is unique. I haven't seen anything quite like it. I've also worked with the kits from FliteTest and their foamboard is another type again. Before foamboard, I built several planes using Depron but that's now impossible to find and has been replaced by this stuff .......................

It's quite thick and has no covering. I used to buy 1mm and 2mm Depron and that stuff could be rolled into a tube. Hard to find now.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          I have the Arctic Cat and HobbyKing's foamboard is unique. I haven't seen anything quite like it. I've also worked with the kits from FliteTest and their foamboard is another type again. Before foamboard, I built several planes using Depron but that's now impossible to find and has been replaced by this stuff .......................

It's quite thick and has no covering. I used to buy 1mm and 2mm Depron and that stuff could be rolled into a tube. Hard to find now.

Thanks for the research xviper.....appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
          X