X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dirty" Mustang

OK, Just got my new MasterAirbrush G-79 and tried it out on the "Iron Ass".  I weathered my Zero pretty dirty and I guess you could say I did the same to the Mustang.  She is really war torn and abused.  I may have gone a bit overboard, but I think it's still OK.  She is a real dirty bird! I did the same technique as I did the Zero.  I airbrushed the panel lines and around the guns and exhaust then went back and brushed the Polycrylic over everything and it smears and drags the black.  May not be everyone's taste, sorry.  I kind of like it though.

Attached Files
    Addicted to planes!

RE: "Dirty" Mustang

I like it!!!! What a difference.  Mine's like it just came out of the paint shop....
    Attached Files
    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

I like it too. Did you like the new airbrush? Oh, and if you ever need to clean it up Lon looks like your man!

Steve
      AMA 95495
      Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
      Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

You're right, Lon and I could be the before and after plane wash! I absolutely love the G-79. It is so much better than the old G-22 I had. That gun like trigger/handle is more comfortable and easier to control. You naturally have a smoother motion than just the fingertip on the others. I also like the adjustable air and trigger adjustment. I need a lot more practice but it was fun and a keeper.
        I need to completely paint my yellow Tiger Moth white, and am debating if I should try the new airbrush, or stick with spray paint. The little compressor I have is nice but she runs constantly if I need to do that big of an area. Gets a little warm too.
        Thanks for the compliments on my paint job too, appreciate it.
        Addicted to planes!

Comment

Looks great !!

Comment

Originally posted by retiredflyer
            You're right, Lon and I could be the before and after plane wash!  I absolutely love the G-79. It is so much better than the old G-22 I had. That gun like trigger/handle is more comfortable and easier to control. You naturally have a smoother motion than just the fingertip on the others. I also like the adjustable air and trigger adjustment. I need a lot more practice but it was fun and a keeper.
             I need to completely paint my yellow Tiger Moth white, and am debating if I should try the new airbrush, or stick with spray paint. The little compressor I have is nice but she runs constantly if I need to do that big of an area. Gets a little warm too.
             Thanks for the compliments on my paint job too, appreciate it.
            I used Doc O'Brien's weathering powers to make a wash and then just brush on the panel lines and other areas.  I get a really good effect by mixing several colors to get the one I want.  If you seal the surface first with minwax or Hobby coat, the wash adheres well and can be cleaned easily with soap and water.  I am getting ready to try MIG Jimenez panel wash on my F-5.  I tried them on my Tempest after a good coat of Hobby coat and got a very good finish.  One thing I notice is that it is a good idea to clean the excess as you go because the wash, after the Hobby Coat, will not clean up very well after is dries.   You get a great finish though with a just a little wash.  Thanks for sharing your idea. 

Comment

Awesome job Retired!
              You need to fire the crew chief for not maintaining that bird!!
              I love my G79 too, and man its been handy in the last couple of days!!
              Funny how after you've done your first paint job, you just want to keep on going, three of my birds have been through the shop

A great side hobby, especially for those of us who don't have flying weather all year long!

Grossman56
              Attached Files
              Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks Gman,
                Now that I see it, I like the way you did the exhaust on your OLD CROW. I will taking mine down from the ceiling and touching up mine. Still haven't flown yet between weather and working at daughter's house projects! Some day!
                Addicted to planes!

Comment

Lovely birds.

Comment

Working...
                  X