X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

After posting this subject elswhere, I thought I should mention it here. Unless you fly in a wheat field in the middle of nowhere, you should join AMA or get insurance for flying in public areas. One accident and you most likely will not be able to afford a propeller, much less another airplane. Law suits are not pretty! Hear me today, believe me tomorrow... Serious stuff! The Doctor

RE: Insurance

+1 doc I am proud to be a member!
    Flight Risk (Sean)
    AMA # 986105

Comment

Your so right Doctormike some of the places I see people flying just makes me cringe one wrong move and damage to property or people could be an end to a great flying experience. Actually our flying club requires all members to have there AMA membership almost a no brainer
      Live Free or Die
      AMA # 1032582

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIyJl3B_rN6nOA_AiLQk8Bw/videos

FMS T-28 Trojan 1400
      FW  P-51 Old Crow 1400
      FW Pandora
      FW Mosquito
      Flyzone DHC2 Beaver
      Flyzone Tidewater
      Flyzone Corsair
      Eflite P-51 Mustang

Comment

Ditto!  You must become an AMA member to join our club as we fly at a AMA sanctioned field. Insurance and safety are a must in this hobby.

Roy B.

Comment

I hadn't been a member until today, buddy of mine joined up and convinced me to join. Also looking to join a local field which requires it anyways! Really a no-brainier!

Comment

It's great to hear these replies. Our Santa Fe club requires AMA membership. Not only does the insurance protect the individual pilot, it protects the hobby as a whole. Get smart! Join AMA!!! Doc

Comment

I do fly in the middle of nowhere, but I'm still an AMA member. Can still get those occasional gawkers stopping their cars and watching me. God forbid I would crash into one of them but you never know.
              Addicted to planes!

Comment

Originally posted by retiredflyer
                I do fly in the middle of nowhere, but I'm still an AMA member. Can still get those occasional gawkers stopping their cars and watching me. God forbid I would crash into one of them but you never know.
                Just added my # as a sig. Anybody got a lower one?

Steve
                AMA 95495
                Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
                Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

My number is higher, I let my membership lapse and had to start over because I could not remember my number lol. I first joined in 2010, when did you join?

Not only is it a good idea but it helps AMA fight the government for our rights to fly these planes. If it wasn't for the AMA I am willing to bet that flying rc planes would have been banned altogether, and they would have blamed the ban on national security with all the other rights violating laws that were passed after 9/11.
                  Flight Risk (Sean)
                  AMA # 986105

Comment

Sean I was actually reading an article yesterday where Saudi Arabia were doing just that - banning due to security. Can't even get them into the country

Comment

All the negative publicity that our hobby is getting is not from AMA members its from stupid people doing stupid things its to bad that we have to pay for there stupid nonsense!!!!
                      Live Free or Die
                      AMA # 1032582

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIyJl3B_rN6nOA_AiLQk8Bw/videos

FMS T-28 Trojan 1400
                      FW  P-51 Old Crow 1400
                      FW Pandora
                      FW Mosquito
                      Flyzone DHC2 Beaver
                      Flyzone Tidewater
                      Flyzone Corsair
                      Eflite P-51 Mustang

Comment

Hello chevstar,
                        You are so spot on about the stupid people/things/nonsense except unfortunately there ARE SOME people that are AMA members (or so they profess to be) and they will do some stupid act and actually post a video of that negative publicity earning act right here on this forum. These folks however are usually not associated with a club that has been sanctioned as a chapter of the AMA and thusly have no real insight to some of the basic fundamentals of AMA safety.
                        The AMA is like any other interest group in this country whereas we have our own group of idiots(thankful they are the minority) and they really make it difficult to be able to call foul on the lawmakers because of these indigenous idiot actions.
                        Best Regards,
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yeh like Black Sheep FPV, look them up on youtube lots of unsafe stupid stuff... Unless they have taken down their vids.
                          Flight Risk (Sean)
                          AMA # 986105

Comment

Originally posted by STOOPIDMONKEY
                            My number is higher, I let my membership lapse and had to start over because I could not remember my number lol. I first joined in 2010, when did you join?

Not only is it a good idea but it helps AMA fight the government for our rights to fly these planes. If it wasn't for the AMA I am willing to bet that flying rc planes would have been banned altogether, and they would have blamed the ban on national security with all the other rights violating laws that were passed after 9/11.
                            This really makes me feel old to admit but I'm pretty sure it was 1973 or 1974:sick:.

Steve
                            AMA 95495
                            Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
                            Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

AMA fights the good fight on our behalf.  The benefits for our cause are worth the minor amount they charge for dues.  Not a member and have a plane in the air.  Land and sign up!

Grossman56
                              AMA#1049614
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Greetings GMan,

Hey, are you sure that AMA # is right??
                                Seems like an awful lot of digits....... Unless you've recently joined.

No big deal......Just curious.

Bill L.
                                In Okla.

Comment

Yep, that what it is, that's how many people we have on our side!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Greetings GMan,

Okie Dokie,

It's amazing that there are that many RC Pilots (members) floating around.

Bill L.
                                    In Okla.

Comment

Cool huh!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Greetings,

Indeed......

Admittedly, yours is the biggest membership number I've ever seen. 

Bill L.
                                        In Okla.

Comment

Working...
                                        X