X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Info

Hi all, new to the forum, new to fixed wing aircraft, couple years experience with electric helis up to 600 class, 35 years with nitro helis. All sport scale. Having said that I have a question about batteries. When researching info on lipos when first getting back to large electric helis I decided to use HARD CASE lipos as in most heli models with fiberglass fuses, I was concerned about chafeing battery surfaces with vibration no matter how they might be secured with all the hard parts in the heli. Now that I am switching to fixed wing I am also switching to standard or soft batteries. My question is twofold, does anyone know if a hardcase lipo still has the shrinkwrap type covering inside such as the standard battery construction, reason being I have many hardcase batteries that I would like to remove the hard case if possible and SAFE to do. As they are quite a bit lighter with out the hard case for my planes, as well as fitting better. Any thought of this subject would be welcomed. Thanks

RE: Battery Info

Greetings Bipe Lover,

First off, Welcome to the forum!!!
    Glad to have you aboard!!

I'm sure there are many forum members who will be able to confidently advise you on how/if to proceed with the lipo conversion.

In the interum, you might, if you haven't already, check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UClcOe8bmAA 

Best of luck

Bill L.
    in OKla.

Comment

RE: Battery Info

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. :idea:

Comment

Working...
      X