X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report any forum issues here

If you experience any issues with Hobby Squawk, please post a message in this forum.

For the past several days, I am no longer getting email notifications of new posts in threads I'm subscribed to nor am I getting emails for new PMs. I only know that there are new posts when I check the "today's topics" and if I see that I have a message in the "messages" box in the upper right of the page. If I don't happen to look there, I never know that I have a new message. Going into those threads, I can still see that I'm subscribed and even UNsubscribing and re-subcribing does nothing.

Comment

Thank you for reporting this error. We have determined the root cause and corrected the error. The email service should now be working.

Comment

I too was not getting them. And now I notice that I'm unable to edit any of my posts.
        Pat

Comment

I've had the same problem that xviper wrote about, I've had that problem for 6 months or better now. I'll keep an eye out to see if I start getting e-mail notifications again. I haven't seen one in weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
            I too was not getting them. And now I notice that I'm unable to edit any of my posts.
            Pat, there is a 12 hour time limit on post edits. If you need to edit a post after the 12 hour limit you can contact a moderator or PM me directly.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
              I've had the same problem that xviper wrote about, I've had that problem for 6 months or better now. I'll keep an eye out to see if I start getting e-mail notifications again. I haven't seen one in weeks.
              Dave - Xviper's issue was related to a Hobby Squawk mail server issue which was affecting all users. That has been corrected. Your issue is directly related to your email address. I will send you a private message with more details.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco Polo View Post

Pat, there is a 12 hour time limit on post edits. If you need to edit a post after the 12 hour limit you can contact a moderator or PM me directly.
                Any particular reason why? Sometimes I find that I need to go back to a post and update some information, especially on a thread I start. For example, I wanted to post some updated info on my first post of the Avios C-130 thread, but couldn't.
                Pat

Comment

Since my earlier post here, there have been 6 posts and I have not received any notifications of these new posts. Yet, oddly enough, since I posted this, a couple of emails have come for those threads but not for the many other new posts in various threads. I have not received any new messages so can't comment on that.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    Since my earlier post here, there have been 6 posts and I have not received any notifications of these new posts. Yet, oddly enough, since I posted this, a couple of emails have come for those threads but not for the many other new posts in various threads. I have not received any new messages so can't comment on that.
                    Depending on forum traffic the notifications are sometimes sent in batches. So you may receive a notification several hours after someone posts or comments.

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                      Any particular reason why? Sometimes I find that I need to go back to a post and update some information, especially on a thread I start. For example, I wanted to post some updated info on my first post of the Avios C-130 thread, but couldn't.
                      1 hour was the default setting but we increased it to 12 hours to give people plenty of time to edit. I believe the generally accepted theory in the forum world is that allowing too much time to edit can negatively impact the integrity of the overall thread and subsequent discussions. For example, If you post a message that says "what's your favorite type of Pizza" you will get a series of replies with people's favorite type of pizza. Then if you go back and change the post to say "What's your favorite type of ice cream?" the replies from your original post wont make sense because they will all be referencing pizza types. When a new user sees the thread they will be totally confused. It's a silly example but it highlights generally why forums have editing time limits. I could be wrong but I think most of the other hobby forums have similar limits.

If this is a huge issue for people I'd like to know and we can definitely investigate increasing the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco Polo View Post

Depending on forum traffic the notifications are sometimes sent in batches. So you may receive a notification several hours after someone posts or comments.
                        The notifications have started to come again. :Cool:

Comment

Flag report notification continue to show up even though I had no part of it and I can't delete it.
                          Most recent is this............. https://www.hobbysquawk.com/privatem...4704?folderid=
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I got a flag notice in a thread I never posted in? R.
                            AMA 424553

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
                              I got a flag notice in a thread I never posted in? R.
                              Happens to me too...

But its not a flag against your account. Its a notice that something in the forum section you frequent got flagged.
                              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

And another flag report unable to delete :Straight-Face: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/privatem...6442?folderid=
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Can anyone on here tell me how to post on the for sale section please cant seem to figure it out Thanks PS new on here

Comment

Originally posted by Crash man View Post
                                    Can anyone on here tell me how to post on the for sale section please cant seem to figure it out Thanks PS new on here
                                    Just click the forum topic Classifieds
                                    On the screen that comes up you will see a yellow button in the upper left page named " + New Topic "
                                    Click on that and start your new classified sales topic. ;)
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

Thanks much

Comment

I think we've all, at one time or another, received and email notification that looks like this when we click on the link:
                                        Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
                                        Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin
                                        I got it just now for the A-10 thread. The URL reads: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/node/191580
                                        Usually, you get this URL that says something about "node" BUT, it last for a second or two, then goes on to the actually URL and shows the desired post. In this case of the A-10 notification, it just sits there and doesn't move on, just gives the "sorry". I get one of these every few days.
                                        For example, in an earlier notification to the same thread, it starts off with https://www.hobbysquawk.com/node/191570 BUT after a fraction of a second, it goes to https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...thread/page466#post191570. The "#post191570" also soon disappears.
                                        It's not that big a deal since I can just go to the thread and hit "last post", but nobody has been able to pinpoint what exactly happens, so I posted this to help you guys try to home in on the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                        X