X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This issue is now fixed. Any emails sent out from this point forward should take you directly to the post and NOT give you the dreaded "Please try logging in..." message.

Comment

HALLELUJAH!! LOL

My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

.........:Cool:

Comment

Who's messing with the forum? All of a sudden it's scrunched up in the middle and there's a lot of gray space on the sides.
          Pat

Comment

yes, please fix it.

Bob

Comment

Hi Guys,
              The new fixed width format is intended to improved readability of the forum when viewed on today's higher resolution monitors. If the forum is full width you tend to do a lot of reading left to right vs top to bottom. If you prefer to read the forum in full width, click the menu in the bottom left of the page (under the squawk logo) and select "Squawk - Full Width". See picture below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	squawk-width.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.6 KB ID:	273204

I believe the process above will keep the setting permanently. If for any reason it defaults back to Fixed Width, you can set your preferences permanently by doing the following:
              1. click on your username in the top right of the forum
              2. go to User Settings
              3. click the Account Tab
              4. scroll down to where you see "Forum Style" and select your preference, either Squawk - Fixed Width or Squawk - Full Width.

Please reply back if you have any difficulty.

Comment

Changed it at the bottom of the screen, logged out and logged back in and it kept the Full Width setting without having to go into User Settings.
                Pat

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Question for the "people in charge" I guess... is there a way (or would you ever consider making a way) for a Squawk user to block seeing posts by certain members? As an example I can point at one forum for one of the new jets, where in the past few weeks there have been hundreds of posts between some "engineers" who have never flown the plane, arguing about technical details and which one of them is the most awesome and how everyone else is a dumbass. Its really tiresome and I would love to be able to simply not see their posts, that way I could see everyone else's posts and follow the other discussions. What I have in mind is similar to how you can block posts on Fbk from appearing on your own feed. This could be up to the viewer and so it wouldn't affect anyone else. Please consider this only as a suggestion.
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                      Question for the "people in charge" I guess... is there a way (or would you ever consider making a way) for a Squawk user to block seeing posts by certain members? As an example I can point at one forum for one of the new jets, where in the past few weeks there have been hundreds of posts between some "engineers" who have never flown the plane, arguing about technical details and which one of them is the most awesome and how everyone else is a dumbass. Its really tiresome and I would love to be able to simply not see their posts, that way I could see everyone else's posts and follow the other discussions. What I have in mind is similar to how you can block posts on Fbk from appearing on your own feed. This could be up to the viewer and so it wouldn't affect anyone else. Please consider this only as a suggestion.
                      You can already do this (it's called the Ignore feature). Go to User Settings, click on Account, then scroll to the bottom. Just add user names in the field and their posts will be blocked from your feed.
                      Pat

Comment

The IGNORE list is a great thing. I'm about to do the same with those two. I don't mind people with differing opinions, but when one user becomes a bum buddy to another to gang up on another, I absolutely hate to see that. That's one of the reasons I don't post much on the "other" forum. They tend to attract the lowest form of forum users. Unfortunately, this forum has grown much bigger now and it has become a magnet for those same sorts of users - arrogant, know it alls who thrive on the attention.
                        There is another way .................................... you flag and report the posts from those offenders who seem to gang up on another member to demean, ridicule and make fun of. I call it an internet gang bang. They seem to feed off each other. I think there are rules about such things.

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          You can already do this (it's called the Ignore feature). Go to User Settings, click on Account, then scroll to the bottom. Just add user names in the field and their posts will be blocked from your feed.
                          thank you Pat. Agree with you XV. I get that everyone can have their opinion, but if I can filter out the ones that I just don't have any interest in,.then those guys can spout off all they want and I won't have to deal with it.
                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

I just joined, and want to subscribe to a section, and get this error. I already registered and can sign in.
                            • Sorry, only registered users can post and search on Hobby Squawk. If you are not a member, please click here to sign up for free!

Comment

I am logged in currently (obviously, or I couldn't post this message). However, if I hit "+Subscribe" button on the RC Tanks forum (at the forum level, not an individual thread level), then I get this error message:

"Sorry, only registered users can post and search on Hobby Squawk. If you are not a member, please click here to sign up for free!"

(Just noticed, the previous post on this thread is approximately saying the same thing).

Comment

When I go to MotionRC I see this on your webpage what up? If you can’t see my picture it’s most or all of the rc planes as clearance just thought you might want to know.

Comment

Yes we are aware of the bug, thank you...We're looking into it.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Getting ready for Black Friday and a glitch happened in the processing of the webpages?

Comment

I can only post text at the bottom of page. not pics or anything else. Preview does not click, Post reply at top of page does not click. edit post, quote post does not click. signed out signed back in. buttons still do not working. Any ideas? page goes blank as i get: {"nodeId":302235} - when i click post reply.

Comment

FYI - I have the same problem on 2 different PC's & my iPad with this site. Not sure what's going on.

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone know not to have any dealing with Travis 765 and his friend Allen. I had posted a wanted notice notice for a Dynam Waco upper wing and Travis 765 sent me a message that his friend Allen had one. So I e-mailed him and we agreed on a price plus shipping of $50.00. To make a long story short I sent him $50.00 via PayPal as a friend which gives me no protection on my money as he requested. Well as you can guess money is gone and no wing. I have tried to contact Travis765 and Allen to no avail. Don't deal with these people. Signed scammed!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X