You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a Classified section in the forum?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a Classified section in the forum?

I know there are a lot of us that are interested in trading, maybe selling extra planes, or looking for that out of production and hard to find plane, and this forum seems like a great place to put all that together. Of course, it would not involve MRC, this forum would just be a vehicle to post items you are interested in selling or trading.

Any thoughts from you guys?

RE: How about a Classified section in the forum?

I was going to ask the exact same thing a while back, but thought it may be conflicted interest since MRC sponsors this forum. I like many out there have collected a small fortune in parts ect. and would like nothing better to be able to see them go to a good home for usage.
    CT

Comment

I agree and have lots of new items I could offer at really good prices.

Comment

Greetings Gang,

I'm in!!! Since this isn't "officially" an MRC only forum any more.

There are other vendors who also sponsor classified sites and it doesn't bother them as they are still the go to guys for parts and supplies.

I hope this flies....(see what I did there??)     :D 

Bill L.
        In Okla.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketeer
          Greetings Gang,

I'm in!!! Since this isn't "officially" an MRC only forum any more.

There are other vendors who also sponsor classified sites and it doesn't bother them as they are still the go to guys for parts and supplies.

I hope this flies....(see what I did there??)     :D 

Bill L.
          In Okla.
          Yep, I saw it too! Ha!

Comment

This has been up a while I'm surprised no one from MRC has posted. I would like to hear what they think.

Comment

I like the idea but MRC may not post. Think about it - that plane you sell on could have been a new plane sale. That servo you sold on, similar. Rather than saying no it might be safer for them to not reply lol. Then again I hope I'm wrong and they come and say go for it lol

Comment

I understand it may no be an "official " MRC site but it is associated to them. Therefore if they don't approve I don't feel that it would be right to participate. They have done a whole lot for me and others in these forums and I think we owe them at least that much respect.

Comment

Greetings,

Indeed, if MRC brings the hammer down on the idea then the issue should fade away.

While MRC elected to turn their forum administration over to an "open" format way back when, they are still the primary sponsor and what they say on the issue should determine its fate. Either yea or nay.

As an alternative, I suppose if someone is looking for a particular item or is looking to sell a particular item they could always e-mail the data through their buddy lists.
                  That would totally keep the conversation and any classified activity off the forum.

Just a thought

Bill L.
                  In Okla.

Comment

That's exactly how I feel you just said it better than I did. I like the idea of people making good use of their unused parts or planes or any good equipment. I'm just not sure this is the proper place. This is only my opinion and usually doesn't count for much.

Comment

Greetings Farmflyer,

Your opinion is certainly valued.

Bill L.
                      In Okla.

Comment

Sounds a bit iffy to me. Maybe the wrong place for this. Doc

Comment

It really does not matter to me although I think it is a good idea!

Comment

Greetings,

While I am a fan of the idea, I do understand the ethics associated with using this medium to achieve such a goal.

I too can go either way.

However, I still  believe the PM system is within acceptable bounds if someone wants to make those on their buddy list aware of an item or need.

Bill L.
                            In Okla.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, we need a swap forum

Comment

A swap forum would be a great idea. Using a PM for just the buddy system may be limiting ans could slow down a sale process.

Is there anyone out there using something like "Whatsapp" on their smartphone? My flying buddies and I use this app as a means of communicating, and it works fantastically! We plan flight dates, plane sales, repair ideas, general questions, or just posting a pic or video of the day's flight...or crash. It's a very fun app.
                                All that's required is a cell number, and name (optional).

Either something like that could be used, or if someone out there knows how to set up another forum for this, it would be awesome.

Any other ideas? Or, is anyone interested in the app idea? I could set up the group forum pretty easily.

Skywolf,
                                Irving, Texas

Comment

Greetings,

The App sounds very interesting and might be a way to go.

I'll check in to it.

Bill L.
                                  In Okla.

Comment

Greetings,

The App sounds very interesting and might be a way to go.

I'll check in to it.

Bill L.
                                    In Okla.
                                    Rocketeer, are you familiar with "Whatsapp"? 

Comment

Greetings,

I just recently downloaded the app.

I've been looking through it but, I haven't had a chance yet to see what it can really do.

Bill L.
                                      In Okla.

Comment

Greetings,

I just recently downloaded the app.

I've been looking through it but, I haven't had a chance yet to see what it can really do.

Bill L.
                                        In Okla.
                                        Rocketeer, if you don't mind, pm/send me your cell phone number and I'll set up a test group with you on it. Then I'll send you some examples through the app of what we can do and how we can utilize it. I recently used it with my local flying buddy group of 33 pilots to show my planes that were for sale. I sold 4 within a weeks time. It was pretty cool. The next one I do will be with flight video as well.
                                        The cool thing is that if someone just has a quick question or needs help with something the app allows for quick response without having to log into anything, right over your phone. We use it everyone between 3 groups we have.

We have an all-in group of 33 pilots. We have a morning flight crew group that's just 5 of us. And we have a float fly group of 6.

Comment

Working...
                                        X