X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobby Squawk now in French, German, and Spanish

As we strive to become a more global forum, we have added three additional languages to Hobby Squawk, French, German and Spanish. If you want to change your language to either French, German or Spanish, then click the "English (US)" text link in the footer. This will show you the language selection menu. See image below for location of the language selection menu.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sqauk lang.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	180905

Very cool! Helps to make learning a new language cheaper then the Rosetta Stone route too! :Cool:
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

I was gonna ask if I click on another language would that mean I could speak that language ????:)

Comment

Tolle Idee! Dann kann man ein Thema in vier verschiedenen Sprachen diskutieren. :Silly:

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
          I was gonna ask if I click on another language would that mean I could speak that language ????:)
          Just tried............unfortunately it doesn't do translation.
          The only way I understood what Radar-Guy wrote was via Google German-English translator
          What he said.......... "Great idea! Then you can discuss a topic in four different languages"
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

You guys are funny... No, the new language feature does not translate the existing text in the forum. It simply presents all the forum menus, buttons, message center, and user settings in the new language.
            Last edited by Marco Polo; Feb 23, 2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
              Just tried............unfortunately it doesn't do translation.
              The only way I understood what Radar-Guy wrote was via Google German-English translator
              What he said.......... "Great idea! Then you can discuss a topic in four different languages"
              :Cool:Perfect translation! Are users with their new native language settings supposed to write in English or are all users encouraged to hone their foreign language skills by using such translators? :Confused:

Comment

It's a good question and tough to answer since a majority of our users and our content is currently in English. If we end up getting a large German/French/Spanish speaking user group we could setup dedicated language sub-forums, or we could just kept a mix of languages in the threads and forum users can use their browser's built in translation feature to post or reply.

We added these languages because we noticed an increase in visitors from Europe, so we wanted to at least make it easier for our them to sign-up, navigate the site, etc.

Comment

It's pretty simple to keep "Google Translate" in your menu bar. Write, Cut & Paste and/or Copy, Paste and Write, Cut & Paste. Kinda-fun. Best, LB

Es ist ziemlich einfach, "Google Translate" in Ihrer Menüleiste zu behalten. Schreiben, Ausschneiden und Einfügen und / oder Kopieren, Einfügen und Schreiben, Ausschneiden und Einfügen. Ein bisschen Spaß. Am besten, LB

C'est assez simple de garder "Google Translate" dans la barre de menus. Écrire, couper et coller et / ou copier, coller et écrire, couper et coller. Un peu amusant. Meilleur, LB

Es bastante simple mantener "Google Translate" en la barra de menú. Escribir, Cortar y Pegar y / o Copiar, Pegar y Escribir, Cortar y Pegar. Un poco de diversión. Mejor, lb

È abbastanza semplice mantenere "Google Traduttore" nella barra dei menu. Scrivi, taglia e incolla e / o copia, incolla e scrivi, taglia e incolla. Kinda-fun. Il migliore, LB

זה די פשוט לשמור על "Google Translate" בשורת התפריט שלך. כתוב, גזור והדבק ו / או העתק, הדבק וכתוב, גזור והדבק. ללא שם: כיף למדי. הטוב ביותר, LB

Прилично је једноставно задржати "Гоогле Транслате" у траци менија. Писање, исецање и лепљење и / или копирање, лепљење и писање, резање и лепљење. Кинда-фун. Бест, ЛБ

:Whew:
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                  X