X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing OEM Acrylic Paint From Canopies

Hey Guys, After repainting 3 OEM canopies because I chose other liveries, I decided on my Freewing Phantom I would really try to strip the SEA Camo for a Navy scheme. I pulled the canopy to install a 3DP cockpit kit so it was easier. I would suggest pulling it to do this in any event. Go get these items: 1) 91% ISP, 2) Paper Towels, 3) Plastic Wrap. First cover a portion of the canopy with a folded dry p-towel, next wet (soak) the towel with the ISP, more is better, but it will drip some, next wrap the area with some plastic wrap to prevent evaporation, and finally leave it alone for an hour or more, check that things stay wet, once the acrylic has softened, it can be wiped and move to the next area. The Phantom canopy took 3 sections to get 99% of the paint. Next, wet a small piece of p-towel and wipe away what remains. You may need to repeat as required, but this technique works well and does no damage to the clear polycarbonate canopy. Best, LB
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0086.JPG
Views:	900
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	183031Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0087.JPG
Views:	511
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	183032 ​​​​​​​
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Good tip LB. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X