X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Do not have access, need to login"?

I get this message while clicking on the threads I have subscribed to. Motion RC march madness and the F4 Phantom thread all come back with this message....I'm logged in. I've logged out, logged back in and still happens. Ideas of whats going on?
    Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Are you referring to clicking the link in the email notification? That's an occasional glitch that's been happening for a long time now. When that happens, I just go to "today's topics", find the thread I want and click on the "last post". It happens enough that I don't even bother to bring it to the mods attention anymore. There's always a way around it.

Comment

No, it will be while on the site. From my phone or my computer I can’t get in to March madness page
      Planes
      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Another glitch then? :Confused:

Comment

I have this problem when clicking on a topic from my notifications tab.

Comment

JamesonC and thisguy65, can you please send me screen shots, a screen recording, or any other details about this issue. I am unable to replicate any of these errors that you guys are highlighting. If you could give me actual step by step what you click and what happens that would help me immensely to troubleshoot. It's also important for me to know your browser type and the device you are using.

Also, please make sure 1) to refresh your browser to make sure you are actually logged in when you try to click on your notifications 2) you disable any adblockers for this website, adblockers will interfere with the login cookie and it will force you to login every 30 minutes.

Comment

thisguy65 and others, below are the steps that I assume you are taking to view the topics in your notification center. Please let me know if you are taking a different path and also let me know exactly when you are seeing the error message.

IMPORTANT - Make sure you are logged into the forum (even if you see the notification link you may still be logged out) by refreshing your browser. Make sure you have all adblockers and pop-up blockers disabled.

Step 1 - click the Notification Link
              Click image for larger version  Name:	pic1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	183472

Step 2 - click on the topic you want to view.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.0 KB ID:	183474

Step 3 - you should be able to view the topic

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36789.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	183473

Comment

I go through those exact steps and occasionally after step 2, it takes me to a screen that says I need to login. If I go back to notifications and click on a different topic, it will take me right there. Then, if I go back and try the trouble topic again, I will get the same error message. Doesn't matter how many times I login or go to my notifications again, once it hangs up on a topic, I can't get to it by the notifications window. I have to go find the topic from the home screen and find it and get to it from there.

I use Chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                  I go through those exact steps and occasionally after step 2, it takes me to a screen that says I need to login. If I go back to notifications and click on a different topic, it will take me right there. Then, if I go back and try the trouble topic again, I will get the same error message. Doesn't matter how many times I login or go to my notifications again, once it hangs up on a topic, I can't get to it by the notifications window. I have to go find the topic from the home screen and find it and get to it from there.

I use Chrome.
                  Is the exact error message "Do not have access, need to login"? If it happens again, please take a screen shot and send it to me on PM.

Comment

It is really random and usually happens a couple times a week. I will get a screenshot next time it happens.

Comment

The last time an email notification link didn't work was a couple of days ago and I don't have that email anymore. I only ever click on the link provided in the email - notification that someone has replied to a thread that I'm subscribed to. Occasionally, that link tells me I'm not authorized to view. It may not work once and doing absolutely nothing, the next time I get an email notification to the exact same thread, it works. I never go to the "notifications" button at the top of the page. The only other way that I view threads is by clicking on "today's topics" to see if there are any new topics of interest and to see if there are replies to subscribed topics for which I never got an email notification (which happens from time to time). Since it appears to be haphazard and only infrequently, I no longer concerned about it and I don't report it. They always correct themselves without me doing anything to my browser or cookies.

Comment

When I get these, I simply ignore the notification, then manually access the thread. Works every time for me.

Woody

Comment

Working...
                        X