You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not excited about splitting the sport jet and the military jet forums...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not excited about splitting the sport jet and the military jet forums...

I like both and find it annoying to have to switch back and forth to stay up to date...

How about the rest of you?

I agree. I like all the EDFs together.

Comment

Hi Bill. Thank you very much for providing your feedback regarding our new categories. When developing the new forum categories we looked for ways to make information easier to consume and also provide the Hobby Squawk community with a platform for growth. Our Jet category was one of the categories that we felt was getting too large and too broad. We split up jets into three categories (military, sport, and commercial) to follow the logical segmentation that exists in the market and also give more visibility to niche or lesser-known topics. For example, the topics regarding Airliners have historically been buried in the Jet forum behind more mainstream topics like new jet fighter aircraft releases. Having a few extra categories gives users the opportunity to discover more content and derive value from the Squawk community.

Our ultimate goal is community user satisfaction, so please continue to keep the feedback and ideas coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco Polo View Post
        Hi Bill. Thank you very much for providing your feedback regarding our new categories. When developing the new forum categories we looked for ways to make information easier to consume and also provide the Hobby Squawk community with a platform for growth. Our Jet category was one of the categories that we felt was getting too large and too broad. We split up jets into three categories (military, sport, and commercial) to follow the logical segmentation that exists in the market and also give more visibility to niche or lesser-known topics. For example, the topics regarding Airliners have historically been buried in the Jet forum behind more mainstream topics like new jet fighter aircraft releases. Having a few extra categories gives users the opportunity to discover more content and derive value from the Squawk community.

Our ultimate goal is community user satisfaction, so please continue to keep the feedback and ideas coming.
        There's always the simplest way to see what is going on in all the forum areas...

The only search you really need for seeing what has been posted since you last visited the site.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

You can please some of the people some of the time but never all of the people all of the time. ;)

This rings true especially in this hobby we love. If there is a perfect format for an RC aircraft forum I would love to have it. We are trying very hard to bring our community a forum that makes sense given the incredibly diverse segments that exist in this hobby. Not everyone is going to agree with our approach but we do listen to and value your feedback.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
          X