X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I paint foam airplanes

BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Watched the video and lots of good information there. Clearly, though, his discussion of tape and all the efforts he goes to to keep the tape from peeling the paint tells me we haven't figured out a paint that really sticks to the foam. I've tried polycrylic and a top quality primer that's supposed to stick to anything, and neither worked at all. Tape peeled the paint off very easily, in sheets. I'll try a couple other things and report back. ;)

Comment

Well , you are right about no paint is working on sticking to a foam surface.

I hope you do find one that does work well on foam and report it to all.

In the mean time, my process and the results of my paint job shows what can be achieved right now without ripping the paint off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181202_230831.jpg
Views:	1184
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	204973Click image for larger version

Name:	20190417_065732.jpg
Views:	1252
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	204972
      BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

Working...
      X