X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best glue for EPO foam

Been using epoxy or CA to repair EPO foamies but want something less brittle than CA and easier than mixing epoxy. I've heard of gorilla glue (which one?) and beacon foam tac but I have a large repair on a critical area.(F-22 wing).

Tom

Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
    Been using epoxy or CA to repair EPO foamies but want something less brittle than CA and easier than mixing epoxy. I've heard of gorilla glue (which one?) and beacon foam tac but I have a large repair on a critical area.(F-22 wing).

Tom
    Hello Tom...………..For structural areas my go to is white Gorilla because during it's cure it expands into the nook/crannies of the foam. Its also less flexible than Foam Tac.
    I use the foam tac for things like canopies, missiles and other appendages that are not subject of the G forces that the wing, stabs and the controls surfaces see.
    The Gorilla white is a 1 hr and the amber is 2 hr ………. a little goes a long way due to the expansion.
    3M Blue tape is your best friend for seams to help control the expansion and keep it inward to the cell cavities of the foam.
    Get a bottle most anywhere and have fun.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks Charlie

Comment

Working...
      X