X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acrylic lacquer

I want to repaint a Flight Line Fw190. I don't like the pastel factory colors. I looked on line for acrylic paints. Mr Hobby seemed to have the RLM colors I needed. I found out the the paint is acrylic lacquer. Can I use it on foam? What do I use to clean my air brush?

Terry

If you're just looking for RLM colors there are a multitude of straight acrylic or enamel paints available. You looking at a 76/75/82 scheme?

Comment

Looking for 74/75/76 scheme.

Comment

Nearly every major model paint manufacturer ( Vallejo, MIG, Humbrol, Tamiya,Xtracrylixs, etc.) has an RLM series in acrylic or enamel. RLM 74 is a tough one as most have a too distinct greenish hue accept for Xtracrylixs but as with most Luftwaffe or German paint schemes paint what looks good to you and if someone tells you it's wrong ask them to prove it.. You can even take the near FS equivalent to your local Home Depot, Lowes, Sherwin-Williams, etc. and have them make a batch with a good quality house paint. As for Acrylic Lacquer on EPO foam I can't say as I've never tried it. If you really want to go with Mr Color Acrylic Lacquer buy one, test it on a piece of EPO foam and if it works you're in business! Either way looking forward to your new paint job. Always love a good Fw190 scheme!

Comment

Beeg:

Thanks for the quick reply, and advice.

Terry

Comment

One thing I forgot to add is if the acrylic lacquer is water based it should be safe for foam. Generally, petroleum solvent based paints (straight enamels, lacquers, etc.) will attack foam although most of us have good luck with Rustoleum rattle can sprays (acrylic enamel) on EPO foam if not applied to heavy.
            As usual though, always do a compatibility test on some scrap to be on the safe side.

Comment

Working...
            X