X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPAIRING BATTLE DAMAGE ON YOUR FOAMY WARBIRD BY PAPA BOOZER/DOTS

Some of you know me as Papa Boozer/Dots for his riveting of his airplanes. I have been thinking of a way to show repairs in the field. I did show this on my Flightine 1600mm Corsair in a thread somewhere, a little time back, so if you missed it, let's try again. First, you start off with a aluminum pan from the grocery store. Cut you desired size of repair. Mark the place of repair on the plane. Take you Dremel tool, and light sand away area. Finish around edges with hobby knife. Take a block of wood, lay the sheet on the wood, and use a awl to simulate rivets. CA aluminum plate in position. Finish with a little paint, and you are done. It goes along with what I have done in the past. Hope you enjoy you field repairs! Guys, I change you to come by the Merry Boozer Rc channels. We have the best videos, builds, reviews, tips, on the market today, I guarantee. Also, come by and visit the live show very Sunday night, 8:00 P.M. Eastern time. Thanks again, Papa

Pictures of the battle damage repair in the field.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Boozer/Dots View Post
      Some of you know me as Papa Boozer/Dots for his riveting of his airplanes. I have been thinking of a way to show repairs in the field. I did show this on my Flightine 1600mm Corsair in a thread somewhere, a little time back, so if you missed it, let's try again. First, you start off with a aluminum pan from the grocery store. Cut you desired size of repair. Mark the place of repair on the plane. Take you Dremel tool, and light sand away area. Finish around edges with hobby knife. Take a block of wood, lay the sheet on the wood, and use a awl to simulate rivets. CA aluminum plate in position. Finish with a little paint, and you are done. It goes along with what I have done in the past. Hope you enjoy you field repairs! Guys, I ask you to come by the Merry Boozer Rc channels. We have the best videos, builds, reviews, tips, on the market today, I guarantee. Also, come by and visit the live show very Sunday night, 8:00 P.M. Eastern time. Thanks again, Papa

Comment

Working...
      X