X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Information

Hey Folks, as you can see we have made the transition to the new platform. Please excuse us as we put boxes away and begin the slow but steady process of getting the bugs and features working as they should, along with "beautifying" the look and feel. As of 2/2 this is simply the default template look. Once we get everything working as it should, you will begin to see the updates to the look and feel.

For reasons we aren't even quite sure of, the transition was not as smooth as we had hoped but we are working with the software developers pretty much around the clock to iron out the bugs. We do anticipate everything to be ironed out very soon.

We thank you for your continued patience and support as we make every effort to bring to you Hobby Squawk as it should be experienced. We will provide any major updates and information as it becomes available.

Thanks again for your patience and support.

Todd Breda aka Aros.MotionRC

Transitions are never as smooth as they should be or as promised. But it Seems to be working adequately.

This is my test post.

All the best,
    Konrad

Comment

Works well for me! I can't wait to see the new banners and graphics, as we start to fully "move in" to our new Forum Home.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I'll give it a few weeks before I provide my list of requested tweaks. ;)

God job guys! Glad to at least see the forum back up, even if it is only a basic shell right now.
        Pat

Comment

Yeah these data/platform migrations aren't always as smooth as one would hope. ;)
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
            Yeah these data/platform migrations aren't always as smooth as one would hope. ;)

Not surprised at the delay. Keep up the good work!

CR

Comment

Test post. Something with a huge software update didn't work right? Been there, done that...
              I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
              ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

So far so good! Keep up the good work guys!

Comment

Thanks guys! We will be working on avatar size increase (the default setting is waaaay too small)...Unfortunately it's not a simple "change the default size from "x" to "X" in our admin...Looks like hardcode that needs to be tweaked and edited in the CSS...So rest assured that will be one of the several features that will be fixed asap...
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I'm in ,mission accomplished

EDIT : now how to become more than just a junior member (edit ??) :o))
                    Last edited by mr.frankenjet; Feb 2, 2016, 07:16 PM.
                    rc flyin addict

Comment

Im finally in , but when I go into settings to change from the temporary password to a permanent one its not recognizing the temp password or my old password yet it lets me sign into the forum using the temp password....what am I doing wrong ?
                      FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
                      DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
                      Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
                      J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

Hmmm, I will pass that along...Not sure about that one...Thanks for letting us know...
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I had to do the password a few times but it finally took the changes. Still cannot find the "student pilot" change, figured it out on the old one,cannot find it here.
                          rc flyin addict

Comment

Originally posted by olwarbirds View Post
                            Im finally in , but when I go into settings to change from the temporary password to a permanent one its not recognizing the temp password or my old password yet it lets me sign into the forum using the temp password....what am I doing wrong ?
                            I just did a quick test in Google Chrome and was able to successfully change my password. Here is what I did to change my password:
                            1. clicking on the menu in the top right of the page where it says my name, I chose "User Settings"
                            2. click on "Account" tab
                            3. enter your temp password where it says current password
                            4. enter your new password below, twice to verify
                            5. click save changes

this worked for me. If it doesn't work the first time, please try again, sometimes the database can be a little finicky when working with encrypted data like passwords.

Mark

Comment

G'day folks. Had some trouble getting back in, but sorted and I was able to reset my password no worries. :)

Comment

That's what I did and it worked on both my I phone and lap top. Everything working well except I can't open the p38 thread on I phone 4s
                                Last edited by farmflyer; Feb 3, 2016, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Never smooth is right. I think I finally got it working early this morning. If I can post this, then I know it is working.

Comment

I finally got it to work after contacting the administrator. Not sure the system was working properly yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                                      I finally got it to work after contacting the administrator. Not sure the system was working properly yesterday.
                                      Same here. I tried one last time, before I created a new account.

Comment

Welcome back, you two. There were a handful of users who couldn't get in yesterday but it appears most have as of this morning. There are a couple others we're working with now.
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                        X