X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Your Email Notifications Are Not Working Read This

We are trying to track down the issue a select few users are having related to email notifications. If you are subscribed to posts AND you are not receiving email notifications, please check the following:

1. Your subscriptions did NOT migrate from our old website, so the first thing you want to check is to make sure you are actually subscribed to posts. To do so click on the "Messages" menu on the upper right next to your user name. In there you will see a section called Subscriptions and it will show the number of posts you are subscribed to. Make sure this is greater than 0 otherwise you are not actually subscribed to any posts.
    2. Is your email address correct? Click your username in the upper right menu. Click User Settings. Click the Account tab. Verify your email address is correct.
    3. Is your internet provider blocking HobbySquawk mail? This will vary by Internet provider, but check your spam folder to see if any Hobby Squawk emails are being place in spam. If so, you will need to "whitelist" or tell your email program that any email coming from @hobbysquawk.com AND @motionrc.com are valid emails.
    4. Do you have email notifications turned on in your user control panel? Click your username in the upper right menu. Click User Settings. Click the Notifications tab. Verify that "Email Notifications" is set to ON (Note: for testing purposes we recommend that you set this to "On" vs. "On, Daily")

Give these settings 24 hours to take hold, if you are still not receiving email notifications, please reply to this thread.

Mark

I'm getting email notifications of new posts in threads I'm subscribed to BUT, when I click on the link, I'm told I'm not authorized to view this page. I can still go to "today's topics" or "new posts" and find the thread and view it as usual. This has been happening a lot lately. It happened a while back with the P-38 thread. That's what resulted in me making up a new username "xviper2". I'd rather not have to make up "xviper3".

Comment

Do not create a new username, I will try and get to the bottom of the issue. Please send me a private message with a link to the most recent topic which gave you this error. I want to do some testing on my end.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco Polo View Post
        Do not create a new username, I will try and get to the bottom of the issue. Please send me a private message with a link to the most recent topic which gave you this error. I want to do some testing on my end.
        No, I won't create a new username. The first time, I didn't know how else to get to the thread. Now I do. Unfortunately, I logged out of my email and it dumps the trash. If I get another, I'll PM that link to you.
        If you want to know the thread, it's this one:

It was telling me about post #17.

Comment

I got another notification for the same thread. It worked. I've noticed that it's quite haphazard when it does NOT work and it only does it once in any particular thread. Weird.

Comment

I'm not getting notifications on most threads but I am subscribed to. Nothing has changed on my end but I noticed this started happening sometime last week.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
              I'm not getting notifications on most threads but I am subscribed to. Nothing has changed on my end but I noticed this started happening sometime last week.
              I sent you a PM. Did you get notification of it?

Comment

The Go To Post tab is back on my iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                  All tests show emails are sending without issue. Please check your spam or junk folder. If you are getting some but not all emails, it generally points to your Internet provider or mail program mis-categorizing the notification emails as spam. Please also make sure to mark the domain hobbysquawk.com as a trusted domain (sometimes called "whitelisting" in your mail program)

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                    The Go To Post tab is back on my iPhone.
                    Great to hear it is fixed, it looks like the forum staff was working over the weekend to get it resolved. Let us know if you see any other issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco Polo View Post

All tests show emails are sending without issue. Please check your spam or junk folder. If you are getting some but not all emails, it generally points to your Internet provider or mail program mis-categorizing the notification emails as spam. Please also make sure to mark the domain hobbysquawk.com as a trusted domain (sometimes called "whitelisting" in your mail program)
                      Already did all of that. I'll note which subscriptions are not sending notifications.

Comment

No notifications for the thread "Official Freewing Twin 80mm/90mm A-10 Thunderbolt II Thread" and yes I'm subscribed to it.

Comment

This post is a test to see if I get an email notification of any new responses to this thread. Someone please post something.
                          I have not received an email notification for any thread I'm subscribed to in nearly a week and I'm subscribed to many, many threads. I have to go to "Today's Topics" to see if there are any new posts in my threads.

Comment

I've noticed mine don't seem to be working either.

Comment

I think I know why this is happening.. Let me check a few things..

Comment

Mine are not working again as well.

Comment

ok, they should be working now.

Comment

I got one so far...

Comment

Lets see if I get one from this post.

Comment

I just did....

Comment

Working...