X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran out of time while writing a post

I was writing a post using my IPad and I guess it took too long . When I tried to post it show I wasn't authorized to do so . It had cycled and logged me out . Noticed this on a few occasions when refreshing also .

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

The current timeout is set to 15 min. I will increase it a bit so it happens less often. Please note that your message will auto-save after just a few seconds, so you should not lose any data in the event the system logs you out for inactivity. Also, when logging in , be sure to click "remember me" in the login screen to make it easier to login after inactivity.

Mark

Comment

I really dislike the time limit set on this forum. I typed an extended response & got timed out several times with data lost & I had to retype it all over again. Definitely a PIA since when making a response, a poster is attempting to provide expanded details & photos. Then another REALLY IRRITATING issue is that when logging back in to finish the OP, there are numerous "amp;" inserts throughout the posting that have to be edited out. WHAT GIVES??? Never seem to have these kinds of issues on other forums I frequent. I would suggest that the forum designer('s) make some kind of attempt to get these useless issues fixed along with at least 30min available to those who wish to have a longer response when trying to help another member.

Denny
      *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
      *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Denny,
        Thanks for your feedback. I understand that these issues can be frustrating and we will make every attempt to resolve them. We have increased in inactivity timer from 20 minutes to 60 minutes to help avoid a timeout. The site does have an autosave feature which saves your content every 30 seconds, so you should not lose your data (see #3 below). Please check the following items to ensure you have the best experience on our site.
        1. when you login, make sure you check the "Remember Me" box
        2. clear the cache on your browser
        3. it is crucial that you allow cookies to be set on your browser since nearly all the forum features use cookies. Please google "How to enable cookies" for your specific browser.
        4. To access auto-save, simply go back to the post you were creating and it will give a notice to "Restore or Discard your saved draft" and you will be able to resume where you left off. Again, this requires cookies to be enabled.

Hope these few items help and thank you again for your feedback.

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark, I've noticed this a few times too and when I try to use the autosave, it doesn't save all the message. What I've done is when I'm timed out, I'll copy my message, sign back in and paste it in, works great.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

I understand you very well

Comment

I don't understand what it is that you understand very well. You do realize that this thread is over 6 years old?
              Kinda like the other 2 threads you posted in that are over 2 years old.

Comment

Working...
              X