X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-38 thread will not load for me.

Since the forum "re-do", I have not been able to view the thread about the new P-38. http://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-...htning?p=31257
    All I get is the blank background page with the sky and clouds. This is with Chrome as the browser. If I copy the URL and paste it in EI or Safari, it loads immediately. I am NOT logged into this site when I use IE or Safari. Of course, I'd have to reset my password in those browsers if I wish to log in, but I haven't bothered since I use Chrome all the time.
    This is the ONLY thread that I visit on this forum that will not load. I can view all other threads without issue. Could there be some kind of glitch or weird coding with this thread that prevents it from being seen with Chrome? Or am I the only one?

That is very strange. I use Chrome and I don't have any problem loading that thread. I will keep an eye out for anyone else reporting the same issue. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm not sure if it's a bug yet. What's your OS? Assuming you are on PC? I do know there are issues with seeing the site properly on some Mac devices...
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I'm using Windows 10. Yes, it is weird but I can overcome by using IE for that thread only just to see the latest posts.
      PS, I am supposedly "subscribed" but have not posted anything since the forum re-do, so I'm not getting any new notifications for it. But then, I can't post anything (so I can re-subscribe) since I can't actually get to that thread and I haven't reset my password on the other browsers. I'll try to "reset" with one of the other browsers so I can "subscribe" and see what happens.

Comment

Look in the sticky threads in this section. Some of the stuff you have to do in order to get things working properly. Many of us had to do these after the big switch.
        Pat

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
          Look in the sticky threads in this section. Some of the stuff you have to do in order to get things working properly. Many of us had to do these after the big switch.
          Yes, I did all those things and everything works except the P-38 thread. I may have to do it again.

Comment

I just logged in using IE. Then I tried to go to the P-38 thread and I got this message:
            Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
            Please contact the server administrator, info@motionrc.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
            More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
            Apache Server at www.hobbysquawk.com Port 80

​Everything else works but this one thread.
            If I log OUT, then I can go to this thread and I can see all of it.

Comment

This sounds like a bug to me, but it would help if it could be replicated...I'll create a ticket for the forum software support...
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Still no joy. I can access the P-38 thread if I log out. If I log in while in that thread, the next page is the blank one with the blue sky and clouds background. I've even reset my password and logged back in. Still can't access that thread and only that thread. When I search "P-38", it tells me that no such topic exists.
                I'm going to try creating a new account and see if I can subscribe to it and access it.

Comment

Yup, created this new account and the P-38 thread is accessible and I can subscribe to it. " P-38" must be too short. Search still results in nothing. However, "FlightLine" does come up with it.

Comment

Very, very strange. We'll definitely report it.
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Well, don't put too much time into it. I'm going to start using "xviper2" from now on. Eventually, I'll transfer all my subscriptions over to this account and I can then delete the original account (or just let it go dormant).

Comment

I'm unable to load the P-38 thread also.

Linux, Ubuntu 14.x (full updates) Firefox
                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                          I'm unable to load the P-38 thread also.

Linux, Ubuntu 14.x (full updates) Firefox
                          In a way, I'm glad to know it wasn't just me. This bug may be very hard to find and fix. Creating a new account worked for me. I then went in with the new account and re-subscribed to all the threads the old account was subscribed to, then unsubscribed to them in the old account and logged out for good. A bit of a pain as you need two browsers, one for each account so you can cross check back and forth to find all the subscribed threads. If you don't want to do this, just subscribe to the P-38 thread with the new account and gradually as you get email notifications of posts in old threads, you can then subscribe to them as they show up. Of course, you need a second email account to create a new username here.

Comment

Well... i don't think I should have to jump through a bunch of hoops making a new account to deal with a server error...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
                            Please contact the server administrator, info@motionrc.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
                            More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
                            Apache Server at www.hobbysquawk.com Port 80

I only get this on the one thread... but I always get this error on that thread.

Comment

I got the same error message. If it wasn't for having a P-38 on order and being interested in what's being said, I would not have minded and just left it alone. Mind you, if I wasn't interested in the P-38, I wouldn't have gone there in the first place. Having said that, I found I was jumping through other hoops just to be able read the new posts in that thread, so that's when I decided to jump through other hoops. I'm thinking this was a "one off" for a very, very few of us.

Comment

Seeing that it is happening to more than one person definitely helps move this up the chain...I will report back with anything I hear from the software tech support.
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Tested on my Laptop and Desktop:

Desktop gets the error logged in or not. Linux, Firefox or Chrome.

Laptop gets the error only if logged in. Windows 10, Firefox, Chrome or "Edge" (new IE)

Comment

Still unable to get at this thread....

Apparently no one cares.

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                                      Still unable to get at this thread....

Apparently no one cares.
                                      FH,

Try clicking on your profile name at the top right, then go to "User Settings", then "Account", then under "Post Per Page" select "20", click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page and see if that helps. That solved it for me, as I had the exact same issue.

Comment

Working...
                                      X