X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some input

I have the Dynam Waco which I just love . I'm thinking of doing a small add on to it and bought the rigging for the Roc Hobby version . I'm looking at putting it on but the only issue is part of the rigging connects to the edge of the gear where it meets the fuse at . On the Roc Hobby the gear has places to connect that are made into the plastic but the same part on the Dynam is foam and I know I can't mount to it because they will pull and tear loose thru the foam . Any ideas ????

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Hey Hippie!

Get some large paper clips and cut a piece long enough to bend into a loop and put some epoxy or foam tac on it and push it into the foam to make a anchor point.

Roy B.

Comment

Another option would be to swing by the hobby store and pick up some sheet styrene (or use spare plastic) and make a tab, drill a hole in it, and paint it yellow. Then, cut a slot in the foam and epoxy in the tab. This method is very strong, that tab will not be going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post
        I have the Dynam Waco which I just love . I'm thinking of doing a small add on to it and bought the rigging for the Roc Hobby version . I'm looking at putting it on but the only issue is part of the rigging connects to the edge of the gear where it meets the fuse at . On the Roc Hobby the gear has places to connect that are made into the plastic but the same part on the Dynam is foam and I know I can't mount to it because they will pull and tear loose thru the foam . Any ideas ????

Bryan
        Use some small Cotter pins shortened to the depth you would need so as not to go thru completely. Press in location, remove, fill hole w/30min Epoxy, reinstall pin. Cotter pins can be use for many other applications to strengthen or rigidize. Attached is a pic of a Cotter pin I used to rigidize the ELE pushrod on my Radian....worked perfectly.

Denny
        *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
        *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

If you use the plastic reinforcing tab, which I would, be sure to rough it up with coarse sand paper to give the epoxy a better grip. I even cut crisscrossing with an Exacto knife. Also, contact cement, like E-6000 or FoamTac, seems to grip plastic very well. Good luck! Doc

Comment

Well what I did was first removed the wing supports then drilled a very small hole in each attachment point . For the lower connections where there is no plastic I used a Christmas ornament hanger looped around a small screw driver then twisted it . Pushed and glued it in for the lower points for tying to . After I made the knots I CAed them hoping to keep them tight because they are bad for coming loose . Left off the springs because I didn't like the way they looked . Not sure how or even if I'll do the tail support , kinda like it with out .

Bryan
            But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

That looks great, Bryan! I want to get several flights on mine before I add details. But, I definitely want to do the rigging. Where did you find your Snoopy? I've been looking for one to put in mine.

Todd

Comment

Thanks guys . Todd I searched n searched for the Snoopy . I finally found one tru EBay and I believe it came from Japan . It wasn't that expensive but had to wait three weeks for it to arrive . Glued it in then put a scarf on him .
                  The hardest part is finding the correct size for putting in planes . I've been lucky so far found some Minions , Willy Coyote and Snoopy .

Bryan
                  But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Thanks, Bryan. Minions would look awesome in the WACO as well. :)

Comment

Working...
                    X