You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banana Hobby HSD Sky Trainer VS FMS Sky Trainer 182 (Unboxing and info)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana Hobby HSD Sky Trainer VS FMS Sky Trainer 182 (Unboxing and info)

Check out my unboxing of my new Sky Trainer 182, that I just got from Banana Hobby for $97.00. On their weekly internet special. I was a little worried that I would get a piece of junk, but it turned out to be a really nice plane for the money. Watch for my assembly video, coming soon.
    Wisconsin John

I found that HSD HOBBY CO.,LTD is a Chinese manufacturer of foam rc planes. This particular plane apparently has been branded under several labels. On the surface they all look identical, but there are little changes on each brand. For instance, Banana Hobby's landing gear is identical to the FMS, except the mounting bracket holes have a different hole pattern and the vertical and horizontal tail sections are molded a little different. You may also find different ,but similar electronic packages in each branding. I hope this sheds some light on this issue.
    Wisconsin John

Ive got the GKEMY version from Nitro...put alot of flight time in mine, along with a crash due to the ESC wiring coming loose during flight. easyily repainred though...that durn nose gear though gets bent very easy..wish it were stiffer
    www.TSHobbies.com
    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Nice video, John, well compiled! I like your shop, lots of space.

The hatch on the underside to access the elevator and rudder servo is so very convenient. Let us know how the flight goes!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
        Ive got the GKEMY version from Nitro...put alot of flight time in mine, along with a crash due to the ESC wiring coming loose during flight. easyily repainred though...that durn nose gear though gets bent very easy..wish it were stiffer
        Check out my new Sky Trainer Assembly video. It shows a front wheel modification with an attached link from Motion RC on how to do it. I hope this will help. Wisconsin John
        Sky Trainer Assembly Video:
        This is my Sky Trainer (Cessna-182) that I purchased for $97.00 on an internet weekly special. Despite the problems I had in the assembly of this plane, I th...

Comment

Working...
        X