X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st airbrush custom

I've been wanting to take a shot at airbrushing for a while now. So I finally gave in and decided to give the Benchcraft Airbrush Compressor Kit a try. It did not disappoint! Although I've got a whole lot to learn, this was a fantastic, entry level, setup for me. I can't wait to learn to do some proper weathering!

For my first project.. I converted my Commander , which has always reminded me of the Spitty airframe, into the image of the Spitfire PR11 MB950. Even went as far as purchasing the the Spitfire's (MRC's) extra plastic parts and installing the exhaust. In doing so, I've created a monster...Wannabe Schmitty MD138! Yes.. I know it's not a Spitfire. It's just my old Commander made in the image of an old Spitfire. One of these days I'll be able to get an actual Spitfire, but this will make me happy until that day comes.

The attached pics are the finished glory shots. I also added a shot of the Spitfire MB950 I modeled it after... for your viewing pleasure.
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

I like it. It looks fun

Comment

Thanks Gilatrout ! It really is an all around fun flyer. Perfect for working out the nerves once arriving at the field
      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
        I've been wanting to take a shot at airbrushing for a while now. So I finally gave in and decided to give the Benchcraft Airbrush Compressor Kit a try. It did not disappoint! Although I've got a whole lot to learn, this was a fantastic, entry level, setup for me. I can't wait to learn to do some proper weathering!

For my first project.. I converted my Commander , which has always reminded me of the Spitty airframe, into the image of the Spitfire PR11 MB950. Even went as far as purchasing the the Spitfire's (MRC's) extra plastic parts and installing the exhaust. In doing so, I've created a monster...Wannabe Schmitty MD138! Yes.. I know it's not a Spitfire. It's just my old Commander made in the image of an old Spitfire. One of these days I'll be able to get an actual Spitfire, but this will make me happy until that day comes.

The attached pics are the finished glory shots. I also added a shot of the Spitfire MB950 I modeled it after... for your viewing pleasure.
        Welcome to the world of airbrushing, Bluesdragon! I think you'll enjoy learning your airbrush, and really improving the looks of your airplanes, especially the weathering aspect. I liked your picture of the Spitfire that I believe was taken at the USAF Museum in Dayton, OH. It is painted in the PRU (Photo Reconnaissance Unit) blue that many reconnaissance planes were painted during WWII. Behind the Spit is an American DeHavilland Mosquito in similar markings. Years ago I repainted my Freewing Mosquito with PRU blue like what you did to your Commander.

Be aware that the PRU blue paint scheme works very well in camouflaging the plane in the air, as was intended. You may find it hard to see sometimes when you fly it! Have fun and enjoy you new airbrush!

Cheers

davegee

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0212.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	346891

Comment

Working...
        X