X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing F-14 Tomcat & FMS P-51 Mustang Doubts

I wonder 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️ 💭 if I could attach some parts of my Freewing F-14 Tomcat & FMS P-51 Mustang using Neodymium Magnets 🧲 with Foam-Tac ; Gorila Glue or Epoxy , because I’m living in another country … and I will go back home someday in the future ( I mean using Magnets bec I’ll ship all my planes back home ) any suggestions please help

Can you be more specific? Things like canopies and nose cones are already held on with these types of magnets by the factory. Except in those cases, the magnets hang on to strip of metal. If you want more "stick", then you use 2 magnets that clamp onto each other by opposite poles (otherwise, they repel). However, if you look at those magnets and metal strips, they are embedded into the foam and held there by glue, so you'd need to make an impression in the foam before installing the magnets. FoamTac or epoxy on the back sides of the magnets would hold them on. When I use this method to add more attachment points to for example, a nose cone, I also put a piece of hinge tape over the magnet to help them stay put. Of course, you have to align the magnets well and wait for the glue to cure before pulling the part off.

Comment

The answer is do it as there are planes like the Mirage that already have wing stores held on with magnets.

Comment

Thx for the Infox @xviper☺️😊

Comment

Working...
        X