X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing private messages

How can I access my private messages from the home page (or any other page). Unless I have an email notification of a new PM with a link to that PM, I can't seem to be able to go to my PMs to review and old message. If I don't have any new PMs and I click on "messages" at the top, the page I'm sent to just tells me I have no new messages. How do I see my old messages in my inbox or even my sent messages?

There are two ways to get to your messages:
    1. Click Messages at the top of the page and then click "Go to Message Center"
    2. Go to https://www.hobbysquawk.com/privatemessage/index

Click image for larger version

Name:	message.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	355697

Comment

I just tried that and the same thing happens. It takes me to the "message center" and I see the "inbox preview" that tells me there are no new messages. That's as far as I can go. I don't know how to actually get to my private messages to see my inbox or sent messages. Even when I click on your link in #2, that's as far as I can go.
      PS. I don't even see "send new message".

Comment

I sent you a message. You should see a red notification at the top of the page. Click it then you'll go to message center and you'll see preview. click on the preview.

Easiest way to send a new message is to click the envelope in the persons avatar, under their location.

Comment

Thanks, Evan. I do get your PM. However, it's when I have no new PMs, that I can't find my inbox or sent PMs from previous messages. If I want to go look at an old PM, I have no way of getting to the PM screen. Even when I have a new message and I'm allowed to go to the inbox, there is no choice to go to my sent PMs, except by seeing each PM string and seeing what my replies were. I used to be able to choose all of those files.
          As long as I keep at least one email notification of any old PM, I can access the inbox.

Comment

I did see some format changes in the recent HS update. I wonder if that was the cause.

Comment

Maybe. If all else fails, I just send myself a PM to get to my inbox.

Comment

xviper Can you plese upload a screenshot of what you see when you click on "Go To Message Center". You should see a screen similar to this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	hs screen1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.6 KB ID:	355749

Comment

I just noticed when I go to the message center, in the box just below the "search" box ..................... "Invalid node id specified." Might be related to what happening to my account?

Comment

Here is what I see .......................
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-28 173501.png
Views:	224
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	355754
                    I get only that "invalid" message instead of all that other stuff you just showed.

Comment

Working...
                    X