X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nose gear T28 V3

how do I change the strut on the nose gear what do I do?

Hi michaelj

What you have to do is to take out the retract from the plane (fully remove). I do believe that the V3 was changed in the design of the screws used to mount the retract in with. Two years ago they used a sheet metal screw simple to do to remove the retract. But as of last year on the V3 and V4 they went to a bolt and nut. This is easy for FMS but not so handy for us pilots. If you have the newer V3 you will have to take the whole housing out of the fuse. Use an exacto knife and follow around the edge of the plastic housing and the foam. Then grab the gear strut and pull straight back this will allow the housing to pop out. After doing that it will allow you access to those bloody nuts. Once you get the retract out take off the mounting plate and unscrew the four screws on the side. This will open up the retract to let you pull out the trunion. Once you do that you will see an e-clip that stops the strut from fulling out remove that and the strut will simply come out. You can try and remove the E-clip with out taking the whole retract apart if you want to. I got mine off that way but was not able to get it back on it was faster just to tear apart the thing. Once you replace then just reverse to put back together. For gluing the housing back in I have found muti or high temp Hot glues is the best all around glue for foam planes this is my suggestions. If you still have questions by all means give me a call at MotionRC ask for me(brad) and I can talk you threw this.

Thanks and good luck!!

Comment

Working...
    X