Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spektrum Binding Trick

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spektrum Binding Trick

Some time back I picked up a DX6i at a very good price used . I replaced the antenna and all is great . I wanted it for a few bind and fly planes I have been eyeing off and on . I had a chance to get the Eflight T-28 used so jumped and got it . Easiest build I have ever seen , but I didn't have a Binding plug . Found out that its nothing but a jumper between two on the prongs on the receiver so I had a end I had cut off a bad servo , took the two outside wires and tied them together and was able to bind my receiver . Not sure if anyone else has ran into this problem but its a cheap and quick fix .

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

A bind plug is merely a jumper between the outer pins of any RX plug. I'm surprised you don't have bind plugs laying around cluttering your work table. I've got literally dozens of them laying all over the place. I keep a couple in my battery box / tool box for emergency binding at the field. Every time you buy a RX, you get a bind plug. Even when you buy a BNF plane, it comes with one. By now, those little boogers are like gnats on a hot summer day.

Comment

I can't turn around in my shop without seeing those little orange tags that say "remove before using". I've never had anything burn out because I left the tag on. They give me something to hold when pulling the plug out. Doc

Comment

Wait what, I was always afraid to remove the tags from stuff because of the Tag Police. They have Warnings on almost every tag about them. Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
          Wait what, I was always afraid to remove the tags from stuff because of the Tag Police. They have Warnings on almost every tag about them. Just saying
          Many years ago, I cut off that tag on my new mattress and tossed in the garbage bin. Some bottle picker was rummaging through my garbage and saw it. He called the cops and they came and knocked on my door. Gave me a ticket for $100.00 for removing that tag. Said if I did it again, it would be an automatic summons to appear in court before a judge. To this day, all my mattresses, pillows and clothing sport that "Minnie Pearl" tag. Oh and those bottle pickers? I only leave bags of dog poop in there for them.

JUST KIDDING! ......................... :rolleyes:

Comment

This is my first Spektrum product and since both are used they didn't come with a binding plug . I have all Tactic except for this Eflight . I have never had any issues with the Tactic products I been using , this makes plane #16 so 15 good so far

Bryan
            But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Bryan, I've been thinking the same thing. I would love to have a DX6 just for some BNF planes.
              Still Learning:D

Comment

Now that the new DX8 has arrived, deals can be found for the new DX6. Between my old 8 and my new 6, I'm good for a long, long time (I hope). And now that the current generation of Lemon RXs and Orange RXs have proven themselves to be quite reliable and cheap, there isn't even any good reason to keep buying those expensive Spektrum things.

Comment

I have read that orange was pretty good, but there are a lot of BNF for a Spektrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    I have read that orange was pretty good, but there are a lot of BNF for a Spektrum.
                    Indeed, there are. In fact, if you do a price comparison between their BNF and PNP, the extra cost of the RX is a bargain. And usually, that RX is one of those AS3X's and that makes it an even better deal. However, if you've got a bunch of RXs from old planes, then not so much. Also, when the time comes that your fleet gets more and more models that aren't Horizon products, BNF become rare and you're off looking for cheaper options than Spektrum and in this case, cheaper doesn't always mean inferior. Certainly, in the early days of Orange and Lemon, quality and reliability was suspect but then, in the early days of Spektrum, the same could be said and to this very day, there are many fliers who won't touch Spektrum with a barge pole.

Comment

I absolutely love my Dx6. Doc

Comment

DX6 I like that you can adjust the stick tension from outside. Lots of memory. I've only bound 2 planes on it and have flown one of them 4 flights yesterday but am liking the feel in my hands. It is a little bit bigger in size over all than the dx6i and a little heavier but feels good in your hands. I also like the rubber grip pads they make it feel more secure.

Comment

I have used the Tactic 650 now for about 3 years and I'm not seeing anything better with the Spektrum . It holds 10 planes my Tactic holds 20 . I have never used a plane with AS3X in it but that's the only advantage I see with it so far ..

Bryan
                          But Crashing is Landing

Comment

The 650 is my mainstay transmitter also with 624 6 channel reciever. Like I said earlier I got the DX6 for the pt17 um and maybe a couple of bnf planes in the future. I have 11 planes on tactic with hundreds of flights with only 1 reciever failure and that one had been involved in a severe crash and reused. The dx6 has 250 model memory hope I don't fill that up too soon. You can slow flap operation speed which I like plus too many other features to list here. It won't replace my tactic stuff but will go along nicely with it. I still rather pay $20 for a reciever than $50 to $80 even if you add a gyro to the tactic they're less than $50. I also like the voice alert flight timer on the dx6 I don't have to look down to check my time how cool is that! The more I use it the more I like it.

Comment

A lot of guys in our club use Spectrum radio's. I have a Tactic 650 I've used for four years now with only one failure like Farmflyer with a 624 receiver that was damaged from a previous crash. That's how I lost my Sensei last year, last seen flying north.:(

Comment

I'm still a newbie. Hippie recommended I get a Tactic for all the reasons stated above. I haven't had any issues with it. I do have 650. I do how ever like the idea of voice alert on Spectrum. I have thought about getting a DX6 only for some BNF planes. And yes it does hold 250 planes, but I don't think it would ever replace my Tactic because of the fact that Spectrum receivers are costly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                  I'm still a newbie. Hippie recommended I get a Tactic for all the reasons stated above. I haven't had any issues with it. I do have 650. I do how ever like the idea of voice alert on Spectrum. I have thought about getting a DX6 only for some BNF planes. And yes it does hold 250 planes, but I don't think it would ever replace my Tactic because of the fact that Spectrum receivers are costly.
                                  This is just my own experience ................... I found the voice was hard to hear even at the max volume (I can't even remember if it can be adjusted). And when I could hear it during quieter times, it started to get annoying so I no longer use it.
                                  Oh, as for the costly Spektrum Rx, I don't buy them anymore unless there's a real good sale on one I need (and that's rare). I've gone completely to Lemon and the occasionally Orange now.

Comment

The volume on the voice alerts can be adjusted and turned on or off. I only use it on the timer. Even on 100% the voice isn't very loud but I can hear it my hearing isn't that great. Like someone stated earlier if your getting bnf usually the pnp is only around $30 cheaper so that makes the reciever not to expensive especially for as3x. You'll spend that or more for most any reciever and gyro. We've had good luck with both tactic and spectrum the only real difference is spectrum equipment is higher priced.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                                      This is just my own experience ................... I found the voice was hard to hear even at the max volume (I can't even remember if it can be adjusted). And when I could hear it during quieter times, it started to get annoying so I no longer use it.
                                      Oh, as for the costly Spektrum Rx, I don't buy them anymore unless there's a real good sale on one I need (and that's rare). I've gone completely to Lemon and the occasionally Orange now.

Viper, I always wondered, besides the color (LOL!) what's the difference between Lemon and Orange? Is there any?
                                      Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by boomer108 View Post
                                        A lot of guys in our club use Spectrum radio's. I have a Tactic 650 I've used for four years now with only one failure like Farmflyer with a 624 receiver that was damaged from a previous crash. That's how I lost my Sensei last year, last seen flying north.:(

Jeez, that's a bummer..... I can't imagine how much of a helpless feeling that must be... :(
                                        Lauren

Comment

Working...
                                        X