X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage of UMX planes

I'm sure a few folks have already noticed, but UMX planes store nicely using guitar hangers! My son was using his guitar one day so it was off the hanger, and at that moment I was fixing something on my Champ. I looked at the hanger, and back at the Champ, and sure enough it was the perfect fit to hang the Champ by its tail. Anyway, just figured I'd share what could be a convenient way to store UMX planes if your collection is growing out of control :)

Cool idea...however, even more simple, I put a finishing nail in the wall and hang my planes by the tail wheel. Works great!

Comment

hang 'em by string attached to the nail and the tail wheel? Either way, that's a much cheaper solution! :)

Comment

Nope, much more simple... just slip the tail wheel over the small finishing nail head. It rests on the wire axle. Doc

Comment

I keep mine in the box they came in and shove them under my desk in my shop. It’s also a great way to transport them to the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Middsmx View Post
            I keep mine in the box they came in and shove them under my desk in my shop. It’s also a great way to transport them to the field.
            +1. The box keeps them safe and prevents hanger rash that they get so easily. If you get a few of them, the boxes take up a bit of room though. I've got one corner that's just a stack of them.

Comment

I just leave them in the box also, I have 12 of them:Silly:
              AMA 424553

Comment

The OEM box is the best for transport and storage.

When you wear out the cardboard, then make a new box around the styrofoam using coroplast.
                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
                X