X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hobby Squawk Chat Feature

We launched a new version of our forum software today which adds the ability to chat with other users on the system. If you want to chat with someone, check to make sure they are online (they will have a little green light near the bottom left of their name) and then click the white chat bubble next to their username. A chat window will open and you can begin conversing. Let us know how it works, we think it will be a great way to collaborate with your fellow RC enthusiast.

Mark

The white bubble is not showing for me but if I hover the mouse where it should be I can start a chat.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
      The white bubble is not showing for me but if I hover the mouse where it should be I can start a chat.
      Same for me........
      Aught to be a cool feature to use.
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Tried to start chat with Mark but not sure it worked. Do you need to stay in the chat section to get the answer or how do you know you've been answered or someone has started a chat with you? I'm not familiar with things like this.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
          Make sure you are logged in, otherwise the white bubble will not show. Also, what browser are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
            Tried to start chat with Mark but not sure it worked. Do you need to stay in the chat section to get the answer or how do you know you've been answered or someone has started a chat with you? I'm not familiar with things like this.
            If someone tries to chat, it will display in the Messages notification at the top of this page. You will see a red number next to the Messages menu showing how many chat sessions you have, click on that and it will have a drop down showing all your existing chat sessions, then you just click on one of the chats and a popup window will appear with the chat. It's not quite as simple as a mainstream instant messaging app like Skype but its not bad for a first version.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.MotionRC View Post

Make sure you are logged in, otherwise the white bubble will not show. Also, what browser are you using?
              I was logged in and I'm using Chrome on a PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.MotionRC View Post

Logged in and using IE11. No white bubble, issue still the same where as hovering over where it should be visible and can access the chat window.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Same thing here. Also using chrome on a PC

Comment

I am using Chrome also, so it must be something with the user permissions or similar settings. Let me investigate and I will post a response shortly.
                    Mark

Comment

Where should the bubble show up? I'm using FireFox, and when I hover the mouse anywhere around the username area, I get nothing, except when over the name or avatar.

Comment

I have the bubble and this is a great update !!! There are a few of us that email some back and forth so this will help and makes things much better

Bryan
                        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

The bubble is there for me now, too. Not sure when, or if, I'll use it, but it does sound useful, if needed.

Comment

I'm using Chrome with Windows 10 and it showed up today as well. Great feature! Thanks guys!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Is it possible to locate a Member on the Member List to chat ? I have found that you need to try and find what that Member is reading or looking at to try and chat. I have gone into the Who's Online feature but can't with the person I find that's online

Bryan
                              But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Working...
                              X