You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FLRC P-38 decal questions on the included liveries.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLRC P-38 decal questions on the included liveries.

I was curious what others are doing for the liveries on their P-38's.

I was all set to go with Strictly Sex (love pin ups and nose art) but I realized that the picture of the lady in on one side only. I can live with that but then I looked at the numbers 151 and they are on the left side nose and on the left vertical stabilizer.

This leaves the right side very plain and unappealing to me. I'm not sure what I want to do now, I looked at what Callie Graphics has to offer and I like the California Cutie but the picture on her website isn't good enough to see any real detail in the decals.

I've attached pictures of the decal sheets in case someone wants to look at them.

My wife says I could use decals for a few liveries and no one would probably know but I would and that would bug me. :)

(I don't know why the forum is rotating the pictures)

Another question, if I decide to go with Callie Graphics can someone tell me what scale they've purchased? Seems like I've seen 1/9 and 1/10.

Comment

I have a buddy paint my "Tired Iron" logo on my favorites.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160405_212650786_iOS.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	49505

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160405_212543820_iOS.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	351.8 KB
ID:	49506
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
        Another question, if I decide to go with Callie Graphics can someone tell me what scale they've purchased? Seems like I've seen 1/9 and 1/10.
        The 38 is 1/10 scale.
        (52 ft span x 12) divide by 10 = 62.4 inches(close enough to the 63" model)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I get a lot of graphics from Callie and I have found that it's best to give her the width of each decal you want. For example if it's the tail number I measure the maximum width I want it to cover then she can scale it from there.
          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I ordered California Cutie from Callie, can't wait to get the decals and get my P-38 looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
              I ordered California Cutie from Callie, can;t wait to get the decals and get my P-38 looking good!
              Here's a close up of Callie's California Cutie on Brandon Moon's P-38.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Callie told me she could make her California Cutie graphics kit any size ya'll want. I had her make my nose art for my Flying Aces Jumbo ship at 1/12 scale, or 3/4"=1'0".

Comment

Another couple of shots. She's a great flyer! Remember, this is Free Flight rubber scale for Flying Aces competition nationwide. Go to YouTube and type in Michael Kelley: Twins over Texas.

Comment

Working...
                  X