X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not access Hobbysqwawk from smartphone

Had a strange thing happen. Yesterday I was suddenly no longer able to access the forum from my smartphone. It just kept saying the site was down or moved. Tried Google, no improvement. Worked fine on my laptop with IE. Went to Firefox on the phone and it works. Strange.

I had the same issue after the site update, just rebooted it and it works now.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I tried a shut down and restart of the phone and nothing. Still got the same message with the default browser. Tried Chrome again and it worked.

Comment

I have the same problem on my iPad, rebooting has not helped.

Comment

This started after the recent updates to the site it seemed. I thought it was just down for maintenance again but it persisted.

Comment

It's likely your phones / tablets are trying to reach the old server because its location is in your cache. We moved Hobby Squawk to a faster server and we also added SSL security so the site is more secure. Your mobile browser should have a Clear Cache or Clear Browsing Data feature similar to your desktop browser. if you run that it should do the trick.

If all else fails try typing in the new secure site address of https://www.hobbysquawk.com , Note that the leading text is https not http

Reply here if you are still having issues.

Mark

Comment

Even if I try to go to the link above it says the same thing. It appears to be trying to access the correct link already anyway. Cleared every cache or browser history I could find. I works in Chrome and Firefox but not the default browser.

Comment

Same issue for me, last week no problem. This week i can no longer browse forum from phone. Error message says site cant be reached. Samsung galaxy edge. Tried to access site using marks suggestions, still not working.
                Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Can you guys try going directly to the server IP address and tell me if that works

If you get a certificate error or other security warning, just click proceed, the site is completely secure.

If that still does not work, please try shutting off your phones and restarting. I'm 99% certain this is a caching issue where your browser is trying to go to the old server address. It will eventually clear out on its own, but I'd like you guys to be able to access the site now.

If the issue persist, please tell me your device and what browser you are using.

Mark

Comment

also, if you can post a screenshot of the error message that would be very helpful. thanks everyone.

Comment

Still no joy. Reset phone. Cleared cache and browsing data. Tried server direct(got security warning,proceeded) . Original message "this site cant be reached The web page at https://www.hobbysquawk.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. (last line of message as follows) ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY
                      Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.MotionRC View Post
                        Can you guys try going directly to the server IP address and tell me if that works

If you get a certificate error or other security warning, just click proceed, the site is completely secure.

If that still does not work, please try shutting off your phones and restarting. I'm 99% certain this is a caching issue where your browser is trying to go to the old server address. It will eventually clear out on its own, but I'd like you guys to be able to access the site now.

If the issue persist, please tell me your device and what browser you are using.

Mark

Hi Mark, I tried what you said and it still gave the same message with the standard browser. Tried to send a screen shot of the error message but wouldn't let me attach the image. It says this..

This webpage is not available

Hide details
                        The webpage at https://www.hobbysquawk.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
                        ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY

I am trying to connect on my Samsung Note 5 using the standard Internet browser version 4.0.20-68. Again it works on Chrome and Firefox.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                          Still no joy. Reset phone. Cleared cache and browsing data. Tried server direct(got security warning,proceeded) . Original message "this site cant be reached The web page at https://www.hobbysquawk.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. (last line of message as follows) ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY
                          please try again, I think I fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Hi Mark, I tried what you said and it still gave the same message with the standard browser. Tried to send a screen shot of the error message but wouldn't let me attach the image. It says this..

This webpage is not available

Hide details
                            The webpage at https://www.hobbysquawk.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
                            ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY

I am trying to connect on my Samsung Note 5 using the standard Internet browser version 4.0.20-68. Again it works on Chrome and Firefox.

Steve
                            please try again, I think I found the issue..

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.MotionRC View Post

please try again, I think I found the issue..
                              Whatever you did it now works! Thank you very much!

Comment

You fixed it thanks. To much new happening. Dont wont to miss anything.

Comment

Glad I wasn't the only one with the issue. But mine actually occurred on my PC, using Google Chrome. Will try clearing the cache and restarting the computer, and using the IP address.

Thanks Mark!

Comment

Working...
                                  X