X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery pack for GT servo tester

I'm still new to the hobby and have a lot to learn. I recently purchased a GT LED servo tester but other than requiring 4.8 to 6 volts - how do I make a battery pack to do this? Are there diagrams for this?
    Thanks

Re: Battery pack for GT servo tester

I had the same problem/question since I'm an fng. plug an esc into the right side, attach battery to esc, plug in your servos on the left side. hope this helps.

Comment

For a custom-made 'power supply' for your tester, think '1.5 * 4 = 6 <> right where you wanta be on voltage.
      Go to Radio Shack & pick up one of their plastic 4-cell battery holder boxes, either AA or AAA (preferred <> smaller footprint). Be sure it's the completely enclosing 'box' type - and it's the type that has an on-off switch near one corner. Only 2-3 dollars. Solder the provided red & black wires to the positive & ground input pins of the tester, & <i>voila</i>. Alternately, if you're equipped, connect to & use an old servo connector as the tester's pins are designed for - of course with proper polarity. Use a square or two of 'mounting foam' (double sticky sided) & mount the tester atop the battery box, and you're ready for teddy. Gives you a completely autonomous portable testing rig - all you need is a servo to plug into it.

I haven't had to change a single battery yet in the 3+ years since I built my 1st one (now have 3 - VERY handy tool). I'd show you my setup of this scheme but don't have a pic handy. So simple tho, you shouldn't need any steenkin' pixtur.

Comment

I had an old 4 AA cell reciever power setup with a switch from my glow powered days I ended up using.

Comment

RE: Battery pack for GT servo tester

Starhopper I purchased a four cell AAA battery box and connected the + and - to my servo tester.  The tester would not power up.  It works fine using an ESC and battery. The ESC has three leads and the battery box only two. What does the third lead do and will I need it to power the servo tester. The out put on the battery box is 6.45 volts and I am sure I have the terminals correct. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Hello Catfish,
            I responded to your other post "servo tester power supply" before I saw this post and I now see that the tester was a GT which is a common tester and I have one. So what I said in my other post holds true. Just make sure the positive battery lead connects to the + designated pin and the negative battery lead is to the - designated pin on the tester.
            Best Regards,
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

and as I said in the other post, just get an adaptor, MotionRC sells them if you haven't got one already!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Hmmmm, i am using a 7.4v 2s 1000mah as power supply, has not burned out the tester, think i need to go to radio shack method??

Comment

I am using the same tester and power it with a receiver battery I had lying around.  This seems to work for me.  Of course, for testing the ESC, I use a Lipo battery.  Not sure this is the discussion; however, I think it is about servo powering. Hope this helps.

Comment

A 4.8v or 6v RX battery works fine for a servo tester. I wouldn't recommend any voltage great than 6 volt for a standard servo. Anything more than 6 volt and theres a chance it will burn out the motor unless it is a high voltage servo.

Comment

Hey Martin, welcome to the forum, great Av, looks just like my Old Crow, I put the invasion stripes on her as my 1/32 had them on, and it just has to help with the visibility.
                      As for the servo tester, I just use an adapter and plug in into the wall.

Grossman56 
                      Team Gross!

Comment

Yeah Radio Shack would have a battery pack. I did find one at a local HS. It was actually made by Traxx, but it did have a servo plug wire to power up your tester.
                        Still Learning:D

Comment

Working...
                        X