You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMS 1400 Trojan T-28 CG measureed from where?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS 1400 Trojan T-28 CG measureed from where?

I've read lots of threads on the RC Groups forum about where to measure this from, the wing edge or the wind root, where it curves into the fuselage. The most common answer is where the wing attaches to the fuselage.

I received a new T-28 yesterday, and the manual has a precise illustration showing the CG measured from the wing edge, not the root. The difference between the two is about 23.5 mm, which probably explains why there are so many CG questions for this plane.

So, does FMS and/or Motion RC have a definitive answer for this question?

Re: FMS 1400 Trojan T-28 CG measureed from where?

Greetings,

I have this warbird and I originally balanced mine from the point closest to the prop where the wing connects to the fuselage as indicated in the guide 80 ~ 85mm (Be sure to set the CG with the gear in the UP position). Using this, mine was almost dead on with a 4-cell 3000 mAh Admiral battery.

But, afterwards I also added a Mr.RC Sound unit in it (which is freaking awesome!) and placed the speaker just above the nose gear well, so that kind of skewed the manuals recommendations.

The battery mounts right over the wing as you can see but, there's ample room to shift to the front or rear to assist in finding the sweet spot.

You might hear differently, but that's what worked for me.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
    in Okla.

Comment

Re: FMS 1400 Trojan T-28 CG measureed from where?

Arg. Your answer is precisely why I'm confused. The manual I received says to balance with the gear down from a point that is 23mm from where you balanced. Big difference. I hate to use my first flight to find out what's right.

Comment

Working...
      X