Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landing gear tires change

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landing gear tires change

Good evening friends,

I want know please if someone already saw this type of landing gears and how can i change the tires (or al the wheel) on it.

The rubber (or EVA) is already very used as you guys can see on the images...honestly i do not have any idea how to change the wheels (45mm)...i can't see any visibale screw, just some pin as the axle.

Below is the link wich seems the same model.

Thank you all! Safe flights!
    Attached Files

Hello Raphael,
    Your picture #1 shows the bottom of the strut with a hole that looks to be threaded and most likely has a set screw up in there locking the axle pin into the strut.
    Those set screws usually are turned with a 2.5mm allen(hexagonal) wrench.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
      Hello Raphael,
      Your picture #1 shows the bottom of the strut with a hole that looks to be threaded and most likely has a set screw up in there locking the axle pin into the strut.
      Those set screws usually are turned with a 2.5mm allen(hexagonal) wrench.
      OV10,
      Yes, it makes sence...seems to have something inside...you´re right.
      For the nose wheel is a little bit different, i didn´t saw this hole in the strut..i´ll try to take a picture and post.
      I apreciate your attention replying my post.
      Thanks and safe flights!
      By the way, i have some twins in my hangar (props) and agree they are 2x more fun :-)

Comment

I replaced the wheels on my Dynam C-47 with slightly larger low bounce wheels. It took some doing. I drilled out the plastic axle to remove the wheel. Then I put in an aluminum tube and a brass axle. Works great. Doc

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
          I replaced the wheels on my Dynam C-47 with slightly larger low bounce wheels. It took some doing. I drilled out the plastic axle to remove the wheel. Then I put in an aluminum tube and a brass axle. Works great. Doc
          Thanks Doc.
          I think your C47 don´t use the same landing gear than my jet..in my case (as per above images) the axle is aluminum (seems) so i´ll need to figure out how to do it.
          The wing LG´s seems to have a screw as OV10 mentioned but for the nose wheel is a different history....."Chinese design as usual":Angry:LOL

Keep you gusy posted.

Safe flights!

Comment

Thank you all that helped me on the landing gears change!
            As per our buddy OV10 said, the screws was there !
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X