You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helping to bring attention to "don't do this " info .

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping to bring attention to "don't do this " info .

Just read a post about a guy who did what I did , thread lock on plastic . He nor I knew this being we are fresh to the hobby . Is there a way to inform or alert new guys to things of this sort to prevent major things happening ? Both cases were someone trying to prevent a problem while flying but in turn screwing up . I'm sure there are others that we can bring to attention . My case I was lucky but the other guy is having to buy new wings for a brand new plane he was putting together .
    But Crashing is Landing

Re: Helping to bring attention to "don't do this " info .

How about on the first page of the forum a "sticky" that states . " Beware thread locker LOCTITE eats plastics. "

Comment

Re: Helping to bring attention to "don't do this " info .

Becuz if they posted it in foot-tall flashing red letters, people still wouldn't read it. Then there's the faction that will read it, but first time it comes up will do it anyway, thinking "That doesn't apply to ME." Welcome to da INTARWEBS & da world of peoples, guys!!!!
      <smiley image="anim_crazy.gif"/>

I just told the guy about the subject being covered, very recently (like, last week?) and if he'd read THAT he wouldn't be posting a warning now....and therefrom gotta wonder what good it'll do now that he is.

And Hippie - tell the truth now....did you read the instructions on the Loc-Tite before using it?
      See? *LMAO*

Comment

RE: Helping to bring attention to "don't do this " info .

I think "Don't do this" would be a good forum heading. The Doctor

Comment

RE: Helping to bring attention to "don't do this " info .

Greetings Doc,

Agreed, but let's hope it gets little use.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
          in Okla.

Comment

Working...
          X