X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Color Scheme on FMS FW-190

Attached is a picture shown on Motion RC's site of the new color scheme for FMS FW-190. It appears to me that the spinner on this airplane is a blue-greenish color. Can anyone verify this for me, and if so, what is color, and where can this paint be purchased?
    Attached Files

Re: New Color Scheme on FMS FW-190

The emblem on the cowl is JG 1 squadron. I googled that squadron and here are many pics of 190's to view the various color schemes, not just that squardon. On some pics it appears that the spinner is a very dark green almost a grey green.

https://www.google.com/search?q=FW-190+jg+9&rlz=1T4GUEA_enUS601US602&tbm=isch&tbo=u&s ource=univ&sa=X&ei=HtMJVIyaO5LBggTol4KQBA&ved=0CCk Q7Ak&biw=1280&bih=556&dpr=1.5#facrc=_&imgdii=_&img rc=e80d-T3KB7hdRM%253A%3B3-Op4AAanoDpmM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi1222.photobucke t.com%252Falbums%252Fdd482%252FAUMIK%252FFw190A5_J G21-1.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fforum.gaijinent.com%252 Findex.php%253F%252Ftopic%252F3598-fm-testing-since-1037-beta%252F%3B938%3B458

Comment

Sorry I intruded.....

Comment

Baron, Thanks for your help. Bruce

Comment

RE: New Color Scheme on FMS FW-190

Thinking about trying to paint planes with airbrush setup. Any recommendations for a newbe here, to start out doing this? Equipment recommendations to start out??
          Thanks, Lon
          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Originally posted by Lon
            Thinking about trying to paint planes with airbrush setup.  Any recommendations for a newbe here, to start out doing this?  Equipment recommendations to start out??
            Thanks, Lon
            I use an airbrush and compressor combination.  I find that Iwata airbrush and compressor meet my basic needs well.  The compressor withstands long use well without getting hot. Tamyia offers many paint colors and mixing is easily done.  I used denatured alcohol for cleaning airbrushes and equipment.  The key is buying a quality airbrush for the start.  Harbor Freight makes a nice low-cost airbrush that is very good for small projects.  I use one for painting small surfaces.  You can get away with using this one if you are not going to paint very large surface areas at once.  This one is inexpensive, around $30 I think.  Hope this helps; if not, just ask for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix,  Thanks for your input.  I\'m just looking at painting a 1100mm plane.  So you think for starters then, the Harbor Freight would be a good starter?
              Originally posted by Lon
              Thinking about trying to paint planes with airbrush setup.  Any recommendations for a newbe here, to start out doing this?  Equipment recommendations to start out??
              Thanks, Lon
              I use an airbrush and compressor combination.  I find that Iwata airbrush and compressor meet my basic needs well.  The compressor withstands long use well without getting hot. Tamyia offers many paint colors and mixing is easily done.  I used denatured alcohol for cleaning airbrushes and equipment.  The key is buying a quality airbrush for the start.  Harbor Freight makes a nice low-cost airbrush that is very good for small projects.  I use one for painting small surfaces.  You can get away with using this one if you are not going to paint very large surface areas at once.  This one is inexpensive, around $30 I think.  Hope this helps; if not, just ask for more information.
              Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Lon I would try this one first before purchasing a more expensive one. This way, you get some experience first. This should worki well for a 1100mm plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Thanks. That will be my plan!!
                  Lon I would try this one first before purchasing a more expensive one.  This way, you get some experience first.  This should worki well for a 1100mm plane.
                  Lon

Comment

Working...
                  X