Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESM 50cc Corsair cockpit - Build, Paint and Review thread

Hello guys,

I've been given an awesome opportunity, to build, paint and review the ESM 50cc Corsair cockpit set. Throughout the build I'll be posting as progress is made. Unfortunately I'm a little backtracked, so I'll post some pictures later today showing the beginning and current stages.

For now, this is the kit as received. Basic plastic parts, detail is limited and although it may sound silly, control surface details are to be built from toothpicks and needles (Ouch!). The kit does consist of some pretty basic and clean molds, if desired it has plenty of room for additional detailing. Below are some images of the received kit in its packaging as well as with some pictures of the completed kit in a basic paint format.

My goal is to create a representation of the cockpit in a dry and war torn environment where the pilot had to rush to his plane and take to the skies in a hurry. No time to dust off the dials. Zeros are closing in fast!

Stay tuned! :Cool:​​​​​​​

Wow, nice job painting came out looking good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bradl4648 View Post
      Wow, nice job painting came out looking good to me.
      Thats not the kit, thats a sample of what it should look like with base colors.

Comment

All parts are now primed and painted with basic coats. Beginning stages of the weathering process on the control panel.

Comment

Paint and weathering completed on main portions of the pit. Will begin adding the detail parts next.

Comment

Side walls complete. Just need to add a few more finishing touches.

Comment

I don't know how on earth I missed this thread all these months! You did a masterful job. I will take photos of Pappy in the office you painted up for me soon and will post here.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
              X