X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use the Dynam LED'S

I just recently purchased the Dynam Grand Cruiser and was curious on the best way or what do I actually plug the Dynam led controller into? I have tested the controller with a battery pack and all lights are good, but was wondering if it could be plugged into say the flaps or landing gear with a Y harness all into my receiver? I do have some older Dynam planes that have just the wire with no plug. I did purchase some servo plug kit so I may be able to add the plugs to wires and use the Dynam LED controller into my receiver as well. I use a 6 channel radio there are no flaps so I could use a separate channel as my GC has flaps along with landing gear so all channels are full.
    Still Learning:D

From context, can I assume it has a standard servo connector on the power source end that will mate a receiver channel? If so, you can connect it to any channel on the receiver, with a Y cable if you must. If your receiver has a bind connection, you can connect it there, too. It will only use power and ground, so will not interfere with the signal wire on any channel you choose.

Comment

I'm thinking I can use a y cable and just power it through the flaps. I would rather use it through the flaps rather then say the landing gear. I'm just wondering power wise. If I had more channels there wouldn't be any issue. I am using the Dynam led light cable. I think I have a extra y cable some where in my box. Thank You WintrSol

Comment

Plug it into the bind port. Dynam LEDs are very low draw.

Comment

I use Tactic Viper, it doesn't have a bind port. All that's left is a battery port the other 6 channels are used with the 4 main and landing gear and flaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            I use Tactic Viper, it doesn't have a bind port. All that's left is a battery port the other 6 channels are used with the 4 main and landing gear and flaps.
            Check the battery port for power. I think it's the same as the Spektrum "bind/bat/dat" port. Failing this, then a "Y" to any of the other ports. The rudder would be the least draw but like I said, Dynam LEDs don't draw much and the Gr. Cruiser has only 2 or 3 lights anyway.

Comment

The battery port should be the best - it is connected in parallel to the other six channels' ground and +V posts, and can't possibly interfere, the way an extra set of contacts (Y cable) might.

Comment

Thanks guys, I would never of thought of that. I'll give that a try and yes there are only 3 lights one on each wing tip and one at top of tail.

Comment

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you for the help! The useful advise you gave me for using the battery port worked. I do wish I had more channels on my radio to turn on and off, but that's in the future. Thanks again and Thanks to the forum here for being able to find info like this.

Comment

Working...
                  X