X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Flite Radian XL Maiden

Got it together this morning and even though it was a bad thermal day and windy I couldn't wait. It flies just like the regular one but boy is it beefy. I could still hand toss it from my chair though! The spoilers work great and the AS3X didn't seem intrusive. I really didn't notice it much honestly. Can't wait to get a good day for gliding!

Lauren

Glad to see you got it up. Maybe you'll get a perfect day soon.

Comment

I just love the lawn chair action (or lack thereof). Another confirmation that the XL is going to be great. Ours didn't arrive last Friday as they were supposed to. The LHS got a huge shipment from Horizon but the XLs weren't in it. We'll find out tomorrow what happened to them.

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
        Glad to see you got it up. Maybe you'll get a perfect day soon.
        Thanks FF! Hope so.... It's been pretty windy lately here. :(
        Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
          I just love the lawn chair action (or lack thereof). Another confirmation that the XL is going to be great. Ours didn't arrive last Friday as they were supposed to. The LHS got a huge shipment from Horizon but the XLs weren't in it. We'll find out tomorrow what happened to them.
          Well that's a bummer Vipe! Hope it comes in this week for you guys. And yes, it HAD to be launched from the lawn chair otherwise it would have failed it's first test. LOL! It really is beefy... The center wing section looks like it is just normal foam like but feels very.... dense? Dense in a good way though. I can't see that wing ever breaking. The spoilers are terrific. I've never had them on anything before but I can see why Doc put them on his Bird Of Time. My son Kyle got some vid of it from his Phantom 3 but he hasn't posted it yet. Can't wait to see you guys do a formation! :)
          Lauren

Comment

Spoilers are cool, huh? Sounds like a great sail plane. Doc

Comment

I'm not sure how I landed without them before Doc! LOL!
              Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl View Post
                I could still hand toss it from my chair though!
                That was awesome!

Comment

Yeah... a really good sailplane doesn't want to land. You have to spoil it's hautiness! Doc

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

That was awesome!
                    Thanks DK!! One of the guys in the club who's an animator at NASA Goddard thought my hand launch was hilarious so he made this meme... Pretty funny!

Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                      Yeah... a really good sailplane doesn't want to land. You have to spoil it's hautiness! Doc
                      I still can't get over how well those worked.... I think someone (Vipe?) put spoilers on their regular Radian and judging by how well these work it might be a neat upgrade!
                      Lauren

Comment

Thanks DK!! One of the guys in the club who's an animator at NASA Goddard thought my hand launch was hilarious so he made this meme... Pretty funny!
                        That is soooooo good. It kinda puts to shame those guys who expound upon the details on exactly how to launch this plane - 5/9ths throttle, 3.38 degrees above horizon, light toss but not too light, better to do left hand so you can have hand on stick, stick tongue out and squint with right eye. I read those posts and I think, "It's a foam sailplane! It's not rocket science or brain surgery. Just THROW the dang thing, you weenie!"

Comment

I still can't get over how well those worked.... I think someone (Vipe?) put spoilers on their regular Radian and judging by how well these work it might be a neat upgrade!
                          I added pop ups on my X8 wing and my Bird of Time. Both worked extremely well, almost essential (for me on the wing). I was going to do it on the Radian but at the time, I couldn't find small ones. The available big ones would be too much for it.

Comment

• doctormike
                            doctormike commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I added spoilers to my Radian and Bird 0f Time, also. They are really needed on these little guys. No fancy mechanics or springs. The servo arm simply lifts them and the packing tape hinge and wind forces them back down. They work great! Doc

That is soooooo good. It kinda puts to shame those guys who expound upon the details on exactly how to launch this plane - 5/9ths throttle, 3.38 degrees above horizon, light toss but not too light, better to do left hand so you can have hand on stick, stick tongue out and squint with right eye. I read those posts and I think, "It's a foam sailplane! It's not rocket science or brain surgery. Just THROW the dang thing, you weenie!"
                          ROFL!!!!!!!!!
                          Lauren

Comment

😂 that sounds a little like learning to launch the popwing.

Comment

Forgot to mention ......................... 4 XL's got picked up yesterday. One went out of town to my buddy's bro-in-law, so don't know when we'll see that one fly. One is still in the box 'cause the owner has been very busy working, my buddy has just started to take inventory of all the parts. Mine is about 1/2 finished. Still a few more details to take care of before it'll see air. Maybe in a couple of days. Too busy flying instead of building.

Comment

Boy I don't think I want to arm wrestle with you. That's alot of plane to throw.
                                Dewey l

Comment

Forgot to mention ......................... 4 XL's got picked up yesterday. One went out of town to my buddy's bro-in-law, so don't know when we'll see that one fly. One is still in the box 'cause the owner has been very busy working, my buddy has just started to take inventory of all the parts. Mine is about 1/2 finished. Still a few more details to take care of before it'll see air. Maybe in a couple of days. Too busy flying instead of building.
                                  Get to it Vipe! LOL! ;)

I was watching a guys maiden video yesterday and he had a good day to fly his so it shows the performance really well.

Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                                    Boy I don't think I want to arm wrestle with you. That's alot of plane to throw.
                                    Ha! It wasn't THAT heavy Dewey! ;) When I was young I was pretty good at catching and throwing. Like, you know, cookware, dinner ware.... LOL! ;)
                                    Lauren

Comment

Get to it Vipe! LOL! ;)
                                      Worked on it a little more tonight. Got it bound and all the throws set. On mine, one of the spoilers was jammed shut and this prevented the other from moving much. I had to remove the servo and then pry the spoiler up. Something went POP and it broke free (instead of broke). It must have been a molding tab that needed to snap off. Anyway, the spoilers work perfectly now. Just need to set the battery position and it's ready to go, possibly on Thursday. I'm already looking in the parts bin and I see I have a 60A ESC and a Turnigy Gliderdrive motor. If it fits, I'm thinking 4 cells. :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                                      X