X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flygirl View Post

Ha! It wasn't THAT heavy Dewey! ;) When I was young I was pretty good at catching and throwing. Like, you know, cookware, dinner ware.... LOL! ;)
    Man, I'm glad you said it. If it had been one of us guys, we'd have been in BEEEEG trouble.
    Comparing what this plane feels like to hold, I'd say the Mystique is heavier and the BoT is even heavier yet. Admittedly, these 2+kg sailplanes are "porky", but they fly real good, so no matter.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
      Worked on it a little more tonight. Got it bound and all the throws set. On mine, one of the spoilers was jammed shut and this prevented the other from moving much. I had to remove the servo and then pry the spoiler up. Something went POP and it broke free (instead of broke). It must have been a molding tab that needed to snap off. Anyway, the spoilers work perfectly now. Just need to set the battery position and it's ready to go, possibly on Thursday. I'm already looking in the parts bin and I see I have a 60A ESC and a Turnigy Gliderdrive motor. If it fits, I'm thinking 4 cells. :rolleyes:
      LOL!!!! Glad the wings are strong!
      Lauren

Comment

Now...That's flyin' !!! Doc

Comment

We have a standing joke at our flying field when spectators see a bunch of us in our lawn chairs flying our sailplanes together. "If you wish to join us, you must show us your pension paystub or AARP card. It also helps if you come with one of those walking sticks with the 4 tennis balls for feet (like in the movie "UP"). Show us your latest hip replacement scars and you're in."

Comment

We have a standing joke at our flying field when spectators see a bunch of us in our lawn chairs flying our sailplanes together. "If you wish to join us, you must show us your pension paystub or AARP card. It also helps if you come with one of those walking sticks with the 4 tennis balls for feet (like in the movie "UP"). Show us your latest hip replacement scars and you're in."
            LOL!!!! I can relate Vipe, and Doc, you betcha! :)
            Lauren

Comment

Well I'm out of the club. I haven't signed up for AARP don't have a hip replacement or a cane or walker. I have had a knee worked on but that's it.

Comment

I want to see photos of anyone, everyone with a glider, hand launching from a lawn chair!!! Seriously, this would be SO COOL!!!Doc

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                  I want to see photos of anyone, everyone with a glider, hand launching from a lawn chair!!! Seriously, this would be SO COOL!!!Doc
                  I don't think any of us old geezers would look nearly as cool as Lauren. I can just see us calling up the chiropractor afterwards.

Comment

I think I've got my XL ready to go tomorrow (if rain stays away). One thing, however, I've got these odd things left over that I didn't use. Anyone know what they're for? I know what the bigger white, fuzzy pad is but what are those 4 yellow rectangles for?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2560.JPG
Views:	348
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	43974

Comment

They look like what the tape comes on to secure the horizontal stab to the fuse. The parkzone and some eflit planes use it.

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                        Well I'm out of the club. I haven't signed up for AARP don't have a hip replacement or a cane or walker. I have had a knee worked on but that's it.
                        That counts!! ;)
                        Lauren

Comment

Roflmao 😂 thanks

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                            I'm game! Or is it gamey.... I forget. LOL!
                            Lauren

Comment

I don't think any of us old geezers would look nearly as cool as Lauren. I can just see us calling up the chiropractor afterwards.
                              It only took me 66 years to be cool! LOL! Thanks Vipe! :)
                              Lauren

Comment

The XL's horizontal stab is a flying stab. It has 2 CF rods running through them, with screws holding each side to the rods. As far as I can tell, those pads are sticky on one side. The manual doesn't say anything about them.

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                  They look like what the tape comes on to secure the horizontal stab to the fuse. The parkzone and some eflit planes use it.
                                  Is that what it is FF? What's the fuzzy pad Vipe? If anyone needs some, we've got them whatever they are! ;)
                                  Lauren

Comment

It only took me 66 years to be cool! LOL! Thanks Vipe! :)
                                    Hey, I've been at it for the same bunch of years and not even close.

Comment

Hey, I've been at it for the same bunch of years and not even close.
                                      A matter of opinion my friend! :)
                                      Lauren

Comment

Is that what it is FF? What's the fuzzy pad Vipe? If anyone needs some, we've got them whatever they are! ;)
                                        I believe the fuzzy pad is the opposing velcro that can be stuck on the battery. It'll stick to the small strip that's under the battery strap. Seems kind of redundant to me. If this was the "regular" Radian, then I'd agree that they can be used to hold the horizontal stab in place. Maybe they're hold overs from that and the factory just assumed we'd need them.

Comment

I've seen the battery slide back and forward with just the strap especially on planes with a plastic tray under the battery. I'm not sure how the radian battery bay is but it might be worth testing to see if it could possibly slide without the Velcro.

Comment

Working...
                                          X