X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing 90mm F-15C Eagle Thread

In partnership with Freewing, the world’s most prolific foam jet manufacturer, we here at Motion RC are proud to announce the latest aircraft in Freewing’s 90mm Super Scale Jet Series, the F-15C Eagle! This aircraft is very close to my heart for family reasons, and we worked with Freewing from the ground up at CAD level over the past year to design and optimize this aircraft as best it can be for the target pricepoint to deliver a pleasing performer with great scale lines and steady handling. Hundreds of flights later, we’re excited to finally share it with all of you. We held off on the announcement as long as possible while still giving some time for global marketing to take root; the great news is that the model is already in production and we anticipate our pre-paid order to ship in about 2-3 weeks and then begins the shipping/Customs waiting game so we're being very, very conservative on the ETA. Full flight videos will be published in about three days.

More information from our product page:

The F-15C Eagle is arguably the world’s most successful fourth generation fighter jet. It boasted the highest thrust, fastest top speed, furthest range, highest combat kill ratio and longest service life among its contemporaries. Our team worked closely with Freewing to develop an RC model which brings the excitement and scale performance of this hallmark aircraft to your local flying field, and which appropriately honors the F-15’s rightful place in aviation history. We chose the livery of AF85102 “Gulf Spirit” of the 58th TFS/33rd TFW, whose pilots combined for three kills with the aircraft during the Gulf War in 1991 and continued on strength with the 12th FS into the 2000s.

Freewing’s F-15C boasts a powerful single 90mm power system and features a range of scale details which set it apart from any other electric F-15 ever produced. Accurate airframe lighting using Freewing’s “Daybright” LEDs, sequenced gear doors and landing light, aluminum landing gear struts with ample compression for operation on short grass or pavement, and metal trunnion retracts for durability. The aircraft also features highly detailed 30 piece plastic exhaust nozzles which rival the 3D detail level of RC turbine jets costing thousands of dollars, and an electric servoless driven speed brake which works in conjunction with the flaps to stabilize that perfect scale landing approach. Other iconic details include a plastic molded Vulcan cannon, pitot tube and antennas, ECM blisters, and the five grilles along the intakes. The leading edge of the intakes themselves are shrouded in thin plastic to maintain their shape and prevent against dings. The elevator mounting and control hardware is reinforced to provide rigidity in high-G maneuvers. Each F-15C also uses over 100 waterslide decals, meticulously applied at the factory by hand to finish off the iconic look of an F-15C Eagle on the flightline.

Beyond its outer scale fidelity, we worked with Freewing to optimize this F-15 for ease of use, making it a great choice for weekend flying. A single 90mm powers the aircraft for better efficiency versus a twin 70mm setup, and the bifurcated outlets are sized at 88% FSA total. The fiberglass nose cone easily detaches with magnets, and the wings can be removed for transport. In fact, the PNP model assembles entirely with only 14 screws, and all surfaces can be removed for transport, repair, or replacement. A thin plastic sheet covers the rear of the cockpit to ward against bubbling in the sun, although as always with EPO foam models we recommend limiting prolonged sun exposure and heat.

Intended as a "Scale Plus" flyer, the Freewing F-15C excels in scale maneuvers and stability throughout its flight envelope. The Freewing F-15C’s climb rate, roll rate, top speed, and overall agility are virtually identical to the Freewing T-45. With speed brakes and flaps deployed, we clocked the F-15’s landing speed at 21mph, and we clocked an average top speed of 90mph in level flight. With mixed throttle, an Admiral 6s 5000 mAh 50c battery gives 3-4 minutes of flight, like other Freewing 90mm jets.

The Standard Plug and Play (PNP) version includes a powerful 1550kv outrunner motor and 130A ESC, and is designed for the common 6s 5000mah lipo battery size used in several other Freewing jets. Due to customer request, a powerful 1680kv inrunner version is also available as a High Power Plug and Play (PNP) version. As a third option, a KIT+ version is also available for pilots who want to install their own power system. The designed to CG with two Admiral 4s 4000s, for pilots wanting to use their own 8s EDF/motor/ESC power system for the ultimate in thrust and speed for a scale foam jet.

Note: The optional weapons set as shown in the photos is available separately and is not included with the PNP or KIT+ aircraft. The optional weapons set can be purchased separately from the spare parts tab above, and includes two fuel tanks, two AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles, and two AIM-7 Sparrow missiles, and two pylons. The pylons screw into the wing, the missiles connect with pre-installed sliding clips, and the fuel tanks connect with pre-installed magnets. We recommend maidening the F-15 without the weapons first. The weapons set does add weight and lots of drag, which decreases the model's top speed by ~12-15 mph. Freewing plans to release different weapons sets in the future, giving pilots the option to arm their aircraft as they prefer. Beside the initial 2x AIM-9 2xAIM-7 loadout, we are encouraging Freewing to release a 4x AIM-9 weapons set and a 4x AIM-120 weapons set. Possibly an ATP also. These weapon sets will be scaled near size for the F-15 and future aircraft releases.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

RE: Freewing 90mm F-15C Eagle

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
    In partnership with Freewing, the world’s most prolific foam jet manufacturer, we here at Motion RC are proud to announce the latest aircraft in Freewing’s 90mm Super Scale Jet Series, the F-15C Eagle! This aircraft is very close to my heart for family reasons, and we worked with Freewing from the ground up at CAD level over the past year to design and optimize this aircraft as best it can be for the target pricepoint to deliver a pleasing performer with great scale lines and steady handling. Hundreds of flights later, we’re excited to finally share it with all of you. We held off on the announcement as long as possible while still giving some time for global marketing to take root; the great news is that the model is already in production and we anticipate our pre-paid order to ship in about 2-3 weeks and then begins the shipping/Customs waiting game. Full flight videos will be published in about three days.

More information from our product page:

The F-15C Eagle is arguably the world’s most successful fourth generation fighter jet. It boasted the highest thrust, fastest top speed, furthest range, highest combat kill ratio and longest service life among its contemporaries. Our team worked closely with Freewing to develop an RC model which brings the excitement and scale performance of this hallmark aircraft to your local flying field, and which appropriately honors the F-15’s rightful place in aviation history. We chose the livery of AF85102 “Gulf Spirit” of the 58th TFS/33rd TFW, whose pilots combined for three kills with the aircraft during the Gulf War in 1991 and continued on strength with the 12th FS into the 2000s.  

Freewing’s F-15C boasts a powerful single 90mm power system and features a range of scale details which set it apart from any other electric F-15 ever produced. Accurate airframe lighting using Freewing’s “Daybright” LEDs, sequenced gear doors and landing light, aluminum landing gear struts with ample compression for operation on short grass or pavement, and metal trunnion retracts for durability. The aircraft also features highly detailed 30 piece plastic exhaust nozzles which rival the 3D detail level of RC turbine jets costing thousands of dollars, and an electric servoless driven speed brake which works in conjunction with the flaps to stabilize that perfect scale landing approach. Other iconic details include a plastic molded Vulcan cannon, pitot tube and antennas, ECM blisters, and the five grilles along the intakes. The leading edge of the intakes themselves are shrouded in thin plastic to maintain their shape and prevent against dings. The elevator mounting and control hardware is reinforced to provide rigidity in high-G maneuvers. Each F-15C also uses over 100 waterslide decals, meticulously applied at the factory by hand to finish off the iconic look of an F-15C Eagle on the flightline.

Beyond its outer scale fidelity, we worked with Freewing to optimize this F-15 for ease of use, making it a great choice for weekend flying. A single 90mm powers the aircraft for better efficiency versus a twin 70mm setup, and the bifurcated outlets are sized at 88% FSA total. The fiberglass nose cone easily detaches with magnets, and the wings can be removed for transport. In fact, the PNP model assembles entirely with only 14 screws, and all surfaces can be removed for transport, repair, or replacement. A thin plastic sheet covers the rear of the cockpit to ward against bubbling in the sun, although as always with EPO foam models we recommend limiting prolonged sun exposure and heat.

Intended as a "Scale Plus" flyer, the Freewing F-15C excels in scale maneuvers and stability throughout its flight envelope. The Freewing F-15C’s climb rate, roll rate, top speed, and overall agility are virtually identical to the Freewing T-45. With speed brakes and flaps deployed, we clocked the F-15’s landing speed at 21mph, and we clocked an average top speed of 90mph in level flight. With mixed throttle, an Admiral 6s 5000 mAh 50c battery gives 3-4 minutes of flight, like other Freewing 90mm jets.

The Standard Plug and Play (PNP) version includes a powerful 1550kv outrunner motor and 130A ESC, and is designed for the common 6s 5000mah lipo battery size used in several other Freewing jets. Due to customer request, a powerful 1680kv inrunner version is also available as a High Power Plug and Play (PNP) version. As a third option, a KIT+ version is also available for pilots who want to install their own power system. The designed to CG with two Admiral 4s 4000s, for pilots wanting to use their own 8s EDF/motor/ESC power system for the ultimate in thrust and speed for a scale foam jet.

Note: The optional weapons set as shown in the photos is available separately and is not included with the PNP or KIT+ aircraft. The optional weapons set can be purchased separately from the spare parts tab above, and includes two fuel tanks, two AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles, and two AIM-7 Sparrow missiles, and two pylons. The pylons screw into the wing, the missiles connect with pre-installed sliding clips, and the fuel tanks connect with pre-installed magnets. We recommend maidening the F-15 without the weapons first. The weapons set does add weight and lots of drag, which decreases the model's top speed by ~12-15 mph. Freewing plans to release different weapons sets in the future, giving pilots the option to arm their aircraft as they prefer. Beside the initial 2x AIM-9 2xAIM-7 loadout, we are encouraging Freewing to release a 4x AIM-9 weapons set and a 4x AIM-120 weapons set. Possibly an ATP also. These weapon sets will be scaled near size for the F-15 and future aircraft releases.
    Any pics yet Alpha?

Comment

The photos are on the product page link:

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-f-15c-gulf-spirit-super-scale-90mm-edf-jet-pnp/

I'll be uploading about 15 more as the evening progresses.

Comment

Another good tail number could have been a Bitburg (BT) 79-0069 from the 36th Fighter wing, 525 AMU, Bitburg Airbase, Bitburg Germany. The pilot shot down an Iraq F1 on 19 Jan 1991 over Bagdad. I crewed this jet for several years. But I guess an Eglin jet will work. Will it have the green star on the side (kill marker)?
        Kevin
        Off with one helluva roar!
        AMA 1085465

Comment

I think the nose cone is upside-down in those pictures.

Comment

Awesomeness

Comment

Nice detail on the augmenter nozzles. The ramps have nice detail with the bypass doors, nicely done. This thing has more "no step" markings than the actual jets I have worked! However it is the "Wing Kings" jet so those jets were clean. Using the flags for the kill markings is a no big deal, same meaning.
              http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k267/yanyanrocks/F-15Ckillsymbols.jpg
              Off with one helluva roar!
              AMA 1085465

Comment

So if I order today you whats your best guess Ill have it? Im really glad you chose the F15.

Comment

Hi Jetlag, these should be on the water in two weeks. From there, delivery to us is *approximately* 5-8 weeks, which varies greatly depending on Chinese and US Customs and other unpredictable shipping factors.
                  [hr]
                  Unofficial preview video is up, it should answer some questions until our pro team gets a model for an official video. Thanks to Tony, Kris, Mark, Ken and Jennifer.

I'll post a comparison video between outrunner and inrunner versions, and also with the new Freewing 8s power system installed, in about two weeks.

https://youtu.be/8yd-iX0QUu4

There are other videos in that Channel which show landings with the speed brake and show other aspects of the model. I didn't want to end up cutting/editing one massive video.

Comment

Here's my maiden flight this morning

Doug and I maiden our new F-15 jets. This is part one; my flight.

Here's some afterburner lights which were installed at the time of the maiden but they were not hooked up. Stay tuned for a test flight with working afterburner lights.
                    Work in progress. By turning the LED lights inward into the exhaust tube it is able to light it's interior. I used an exacto knife to create slits in the exh...

Comment

Sweet maiden urrl :D . You had that "happy pilot" look at the end, I love that feeling :) . I just retired from Boeing in St. Louis and the Eagle was/is built in the building I worked for the last few years. Seeing one in all the phases as it's built is a truly impressive sight I'll never forget. Right now I'm getting my feet wet with the 80MM F-86 and it flies great, as you know ;) . This will probably be my next jet so great to see it fly so well.

Steve
                      AMA 95495
                      Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
                      Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

Originally posted by rc-eflyer
                        Sweet maiden urrl  :D . You had that "happy pilot" look at the end, I love that feeling :) .  I just retired from Boeing in St. Louis and the Eagle was/is built in the building I worked for the last few years. Seeing one in all the phases as it's built is a truly impressive sight I'll never forget.  Right now I'm getting my feet wet with the 80MM F-86 and it flies great, as you know ;) .  This will probably be my next jet so great to see it fly so well.

Steve
                        Yes, great maiden flight urrl!  I have to control myself to not jump right to the F-15...The F-86 is on my wish list now. I'm sure soon, i'll pull the trigger...sigh.
                        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Originally posted by Purrl
                          Here's my maiden flight this morning

Doug and I maiden our new F-15 jets. This is part one; my flight.

Here's some afterburner lights which were installed at the time of the maiden but they were not hooked up. Stay tuned for a test flight with working afterburner lights.
                          Work in progress. By turning the LED lights inward into the exhaust tube it is able to light it's interior. I used an exacto knife to create slits in the exh...
                          Nice job Urrl...looking forward to more flight videos of your F-15.

Comment

Here's the flight with Afterburner mod
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by urrl
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              AWESOME :cool: Freewing needs to hire you to do their promos ;) . Are those lights something you bought pre-made or did you construct? Either way they look great.

Steve
                              AMA 95495
                              Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
                              Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

Originally posted by rc-eflyer
                                Originally posted by urrl
                                AWESOME  :cool: Freewing needs to hire you to do their promos  ;) . Are those lights something you bought pre-made or did you construct?  Either way they look great.

Steve
                                Really nice job with the flight.  I missed this one as they sold out before I could order.  I will get one with the next batch.

Comment

Awesome!!! I'm definitely getting one when the second order comes in!! :)
                                  Because I was Inverted... :)
                                  HOO-AH!!

Comment

We're very happy to announce that the Freewing container shipment which includes the first shipment of F-14s and a second shipment of F-15s is scheduled to arrive at our facility tomorrow. All customers who pre-ordered the F-14 for a "Mid-November" release date will receive a tracking number for their incoming package tomorrow, Oct 29 or the day after, Oct 30. Thanks again to everyone for your patience, faith, and the continued opportunity to earn your business.

Comment

One of my morning flights

Freewing F-15 http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-f-15c-eagle-super-scale-90mm-edf-jet-pnp/Lander Afterburner LED ring set:http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?ro...

Comment

I finally began landing with wheelies after using the Wheelie Guru Doug's advice not to use flaps. Once I did that wheelies started to appear.

I finally began landing with wheelies after taking the Wheelie Guru Doug's advice not to use flaps. Once I did that wheelies started to appear.

Comment

Working...
                                        X